Affected-Prachi/Ranbir one shot

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 4 years ago

I know we won’t get a scene like this, just had an idea come across my mind, so I wrote it down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ranbir was talking to Aryan about his day when something caught his eye. It was Prachi, once again, being the death of him. Aryan stopped his chatter, noticing Ranbir’s attention had obviously been diverted by the number of times he kept replying “yea” to his nonsensical conversation. Turning around to see what had caught his attention, when he saw Prachi talking to Aarav, everything made sense.

Aarav was the new guy in college and had slowly become the talk of the class. He was the one guy who could match Ranbir on his popularity and looks, yet he was smart too. Although Ranbir insisted that Aarav was nothing to worry about, that even 100 Aarav’s could compare to the Ranbir Kohli, Aryan knew Aarav had shaken Ranbir up.

Now, the fact that Prachi was laughing at something Aarav said, will surely rile up Ranbir. Whether it be because of his annoyance with Prachi in general, or his newfound annoyance with Aarav, but Aryan could sense that Ranbir was not happy, without even needing to look at his face.

Ranbir stepped forward before Aryan grabbed his arm, and stated “Bhai, jaane do tum inko. Waise bhi apko Prachi ki bak bak ab chelni nahi paragi”.

As if that sentence washed Ranbir into his senses, Ranbir looked at Aryan, then to Aarav and Prachi, before returning his gaze back to Aryan and a cheeky smile formulated on his face. “Arre, main toh Aarav ko warn karne chahte tha, that Prachi is a gone case. Issi badi moosibat main toh apne worst enemy ko bhi nah doon, Aarav’s still just a normal guy in college,”Ranbir replied, high fiving Aryan.

As they walked away, they overheard Rhea. “I mean look at him. He’s nice, and good looking and all that, but he’s not my type. He’s not high class, like me or Ranbir. He can never reach our status. Atleast the new guy knows that, girls, that’s why he’s trying his luck with Miss behenji over there. Look over there, he’s shaking Prachi’s hand like his life depends on it! What a loser,”Rhea gossiped to her minions.

Although Aryan didn’t agree with his cousin’s hatred of Prachi, he was happy for Ranbir. He turned to Ranbir, expecting him to be happy,that his crush didn’t like the new guy either. Instead, Ranbir had turned around and was silently watching Aarav and Prachi still shaking hands. The duo laughed at something before Prachi finally made her way to the gates, Aarav still glued to the spot smiling at her retreating figure, before he too turned around and made his way.

Before Aryan even noticed, Ranbir marched his way to his car, leaving Aryan forgotten behind.

~~~~~~~~
The next few weeks, Ranbir was back at his prime, he was scoring more goals than ever on the soccer field, he had his flirt back on with all the ladies he was working on some new music. Despite previously being the talk of the college, the girls had stopped their non-stop gushing over Aarav, given that he didn't give anyone the time of day, other than Prachi and Suhana, thus securing Ranbir’s place as the hot shot of the college. To any outsider, Ranbir looked completely perfect and ecstatic. No one noticed his quick stolen glances at Prachi’s newfound friendship with Aarav. Or how he momentarily loses his footing when he notices the pair.  No one knew how affected he was by Prachi. 

After watching Prachi give Aarav a side hug, Ranbir lengthened his strides and grabbed Prachi’s wrist just before she slipped out of college. Prachi didn’t even need to look at the perpetrator. Full on knowing well only Ranbir was the one who violates her personal space like that.

“Tumhari problem kya hai, Ranbir?” she exasperatedly reprimanded, trying to pullout of Ranbir’s tight grip.

“Aur kaun ho sakta hai, Prachi. Hamesha meri problem ki jar kaun hoti hai? Tum. Tum ho meri problem?” Ranbir yelled in whispered tones, looking to make sure the people passing by didn’t overhear.

“Abb maine kya kiya hai?” Prachi sighed, giving up on freeing herself. She knew she had to listen to him before he’d let her go anywhere, and the sooner she gives up the struggle the sooner she gets to leave. He hadn't really been annoying her lately, which she was thankful for, but she couldn't stand him when he was in this mood.

Ranbir was at a loss for words for a brief moment, not knowing how to approach the conversation, before he finally relented and asked “Yeh, sab kya tha with the new guy, Prachi?”

“Kya kya tha? Main kuch samajhi nahin,” Prachi asked.

“How many days did you annoy me about my behavior with girls. Main toh Prachi hoon, ladkiyon ki maha saviour. Main tum jaise ladkon se door hee rehti hon? And now look at you, falling for the likes of the new guy,” Ranbir whisperingly yelled, refusing to say Aarav’s name.

“Kitni cheap hain tumhari soch Ranbir! Main tumhari jaisi nahin hoon, aur Aarav bhi nahi hain. Woh mera accha dost hain. Because woh bilkul bhi tumhare jaise nahin hain. Nahi toh woh flirt hai, aur uske paas dimaag bhi hai,” Prachi replied hotly.

“Obviously woh mera jaise nahin hain Prachi. Kyoi ho hi nahin sakta. I’m Ranbir Kohli, the one and only. Par mujhe lagta hain tumhare paas dimaag nahi hai. He obviously likes you, and you're leading him on but I think you haven’t shown the real, unbearable you that you’ve shown me. Warna tum jaisi aafat se bhagta,” Ranbir retorted.

“Toh tumne mujhe pakara kyun hai? Bhaago nah mujhse?” Prachi retorted, making Ranbir finally release his grip, as he took a step back. “Aur he doesn’t like me. Har koi tumhare jaise nahin hota.Ek dum cheap aur flirt type ka jo hamesha ladkiyon ko ek nazar se hi dekhte hain. Ek ladka aur ladki sirf dost bhi ho sakte hain,”Prachi declared.

“Tum kitni grateful ho na. Maine kitne baari tumhari helpkahi hain. Tumko bachaya hain, tumhari maa ko bacheya hai, lekin tumhare zubaansi meri kabhi tareef hogi? Kabhi nahi, hamesha galat hi sochti hon mera bare me!”Ranbir growled, getting even closer to Prachi once again.

“You started it, not me……fine. I know tum acche bhi ho saktehon.I know you’ve helped me. Thankyou. I’m sorry Ranbir. Ab khush? Ab main jasakti hoon?” Prachi relented, just wanting to leave. 

“Nahi.”

“Ab kya?” 

Ranbir struggled to find a valid reason. He didn’t know what had overcome him. He knew guys and girls could be just friends. He knew he had instigated their little fight this time. He knew that he didn’t want her to leave. But he had no reason for it. He watched her big eyes questioningly look at him, before she finally turned and made her way home.

“Yeh tujhe kya ho gaya hain Ranbir,” Ranbir asked himself. Was he jealous? No. No way. Not in the sense that he liked Prachi. Maybe he was just showing his spoiled upbringing. He wasn’t friends with Prachi, but they had had adventures together. Now someone else is playing with his sort of acquaintance, he didn’t like it. He doesn’t like sharing. That must be it. There’s no other reason to feel so affected, is there? Ranbir’s mind was racing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you guys like it. Sorry, I haven't proofread it! If the hindi doesn't make sense, let me know.