Radha Krishna

About interpretations.

mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 4 years ago

The story about representatives of our faith is known to their believers, followers & those who are interested in knowing more about them. Thanks to various books, online copies, they are easily accessible compared to earlier time, when very few people could read & tell spread knowledge to others, during various discourse or story telling sessions like, Bhagvat saptah. These story tellers used to be honest in their work. Would rarely twist the main theme to alter entire version. Hence they were respected for their work. 

With the new trend of story telling with a different perspective has gained popularity with a major risk of such interpretations turning absolutely absurd at times. Playing with stories of characters people pray or rather turning story of our Purana in a daily soap of crying lead characters with weird twist like female lead loving male lead but getting married to someone else to save her father's honor. 

This show Radha Krishn, has all the ingredients of a daily soap where all characters have same names of a respected & loved story about our Radha & Krishn. But this story is not of our beloved characters, its something else, which is difficult to connect. 

Regarding a Goddess in her Human incarnation marring a mortal, I will always prefer to like & appreciate a strong Goddess, who'll kill anyone who wants to marry her (eg. Ma Durga killing Shumbh, Nishumbh) instead of surrendering to circumstance. 

One thing is clear, let this daily saas bahu show maker show anything with their characters. Those who adore, love & worship RK, will never accept such crooked version.  

They may draw parallels in future, when Krishn married 16000 woman, who were abducted by Narakasur to save their honour, to Radha marrying Ayan to save her father's honour. 

Well the best & worst part about interpretations is any liberty is taken, just to stand out. But everything is not acceptable. With past experience of watching Mytho shows, the feeling of makers going overboard to an extent of destroying essence of this exceptional story has come true again. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RainFire125 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mnx12

The story about representatives of our faith is known to their believers, followers & those who are interested in knowing more about them. Thanks to various books, online copies, they are easily accessible compared to earlier time, when very few people could read & tell spread knowledge to others, during various discourse or story telling sessions like, Bhagvat saptah. These story tellers used to be honest in their work. Would rarely twist the main theme to alter entire version. Hence they were respected for their work. 

With the new trend of story telling with a different perspective has gained popularity with a major risk of such interpretations turning absolutely absurd at times. Playing with stories of characters people pray or rather turning story of our Purana in a daily soap of crying lead characters with weird twist like female lead loving male lead but getting married to someone else to save her father's honor. 

This show Radha Krishn, has all the ingredients of a daily soap where all characters have same names of a respected & loved story about our Radha & Krishn. But this story is not of our beloved characters, its something else, which is difficult to connect. 

Regarding a Goddess in her Human incarnation marring a mortal, I will always prefer to like & appreciate a strong Goddess, who'll kill anyone who wants to marry her (eg. Ma Durga killing Shumbh, Nishumbh) instead of surrendering to circumstance. 

One thing is clear, let this daily saas bahu show maker show anything with their characters. Those who adore, love & worship RK, will never accept such crooked version.  

They may draw parallels in future, when Krishn married 16000 woman, who were abducted by Narakasur to save their honour, to Radha marrying Ayan to save her father's honour. 

Well the best & worst part about interpretations is any liberty is taken, just to stand out. But everything is not acceptable. With past experience of watching Mytho shows, the feeling of makers going overboard to an extent of destroying essence of this exceptional story has come true again. 

Standing ovation  to you mina!!! You have all my respect my friend. 

ReadLo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

I couldn't have said it better, Mina. πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘

I totally agree with you.

The cowardice of man is really demonstrated in this series.

I'm not going to repeat myself because I've already said everything I have to say.

But whether it is entertainment or not, if you really think logically, you will never be able to accept what is demonstrated in the series.

I am so angry about the way RadhaKrishn is demonstrated in the last episodes. And then the precap was the last straw.

I think there has to be a balance between creative freedoms and too much freedom.

Edited by ReadLo - 4 years ago
mnx12 thumbnail

Problem with these CVs is  they like a small no of people appreciating tracks & twists on sns. Which they think is the ultimate. 
There is large no of viewers, who are not so vocal on sns, who can not be ignored. They are trp audience. They are sensitive. Most of Mytho shows had good ratings initially. Which drops due to stupid & absurd experiments in name of showing a different interpretations. Hardly anyone stands honest to the Purana's version. 

mnx12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ReadLo

I couldn't have said it better, Mina. πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘

I totally agree with you.

The cowardice of man is really demonstrated in this series.

I'm not going to repeat myself because I've already said everything I have to say.

But whether it is entertainment or not, if you really think logically, you will never be able to accept what is demonstrated in the series.

I am so angry about the way RadhaKrishn is demonstrated in the last episodes. And then the precap was the last straw.

I think there has to be a balance between creative freedoms and too much freedom.

Krishna's life's mission was punishing sinners. Not rewarding them.

CV's vision is very limited. Evaluating, portraying such an exceptional story is ruined here due to timid, narrow minded perspective. 

It's sad for viewers, who invest time & get involved initially, only to get disappointed later.

Just accept what you like & forget the rest, while watching such shows.

ReadLo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Krishna's life's mission was punishing sinners. Not rewarding them.

CV's vision is very limited. Evaluating, portraying such an exceptional story is ruined here due to timid, narrow minded perspective. 

It's sad for viewers, who invest time & get involved initially, only to get disappointed later.

Just accept what you like & forget the rest, while watching such shows.

That's exactly what I said about Insta on Starbharat's account.

We must not accept it just because we want something to look at.

And then they promised something, in the end when that promise is just a lie, I think we have the right to hold them accountable!

"What the public has not yet understood or refuses to understand.

As long as we accept their bullshit without saying anything, we'll have series like that.

I remember the series Jodha Akbar, many were afraid that Ekta would distort the truth, they demonstrated in front of the location of the shooting, they wrote to Zee to warn them, in the end, Ekta to leave the direction to other producers and everyone was happy. But the majority of them were adults.

But here, in addition to being mythology, a lot is uncertain about RK and the audience are young girls who only look for the beauty of the actors (and their acting) so adults decide to drop out without saying anything.

The world doesn't work that way, if something isn't good, you have to say it. It is an exchange of good practice. They make a good series, we watch it and give them an audience, but it has to be worth it!"

KrishnaSourav thumbnail

Beautiful post-Minaxi...

u have written everything true n agree with them...

it's bad that Cvs n ph r waisting good story mythos like this with their own interpretation n its really disheartening to see how they make the wrong assumption of Lord Krishna ...

they make a joke of the tagline of Jag ko prem sikhane ke baat.... 

they make mockery with their storytelling, making it like daily saas bahu show from Mytho

they didn't understand even the greatness of RadhaKrishn love ....

its really sad thing that Cvs understand few fans at SNS r their voice n get pumped with their words...

they don't hear correct or right words of people  who want real story of GOD not their wrong assumption  . 

Edited by KrishnaSourav - 4 years ago
Viswasruti thumbnail

Minakshi, please from now on count me as one of the admirers of your ability to write/ express your views in a straight forward way !!πŸ‘ With this post , you simply pumped life into our lungs, we were choked till now with anger and sorrow, with questioning in feeble voice for some time and at last now our vociferous denial of accepting this crap story reached to shouting. At this stage, your post is like an oasis in the desert.πŸ€— 

Different perspectives, different approaches and I prefer to respect the writer's free will while developing a story!I too did it in my Radha Krishna story.  But here, they twisted and entangled the divine love, the main essence of the story,and showing it as a mere child play, Krishna who defined the difference between the Nature and Indra ,prefer  praying  the nature which gives life to us directly instead of praying for the egocentric Indra , is now shouting in the middle of the village  to provoke Radha to make herself available to anyone to marry her >>> just like an ignorant child!! 

Radha who never bothered about the society and family, and she considered her love for Krishna was purely personal [ every notable woman's special trait of that Dwapar Yuga], she put herself in such a situation here ??!! Yesterday I saw the degraded, demoralized Radha who put herself in an open auction like situation, calling for a person who wants to marry her … whah, what a great characterization, what a value they have given to this divine Being !! A  slave, a consumerist piece of merchandise to be bought, got, bartered,  used, misused, abused, or left long unused and callously cast away as  Radha formed herself an integral part of the societal psyche in India!! Ultimately downgraded her  to the level that she invite/ invoke  Ayan to marry her!! Really heart-wrenching scene it was and lost interest in this serial totally. 

mnx12 thumbnail

But its not 1st time this ph has ruined the story. They have done the same in past too. 

We have many mytho enthuliast jn if. But hardly anyone from them is participating here. They know how the cvs ruins the tracks. For them its a business & show should get ratings. Adding horrific twists attracts shock value & viewers do come back next day to see whats being shown. Thats how such shows work.

Even viewers know. Story is most important along with good actors and a well made show. Rk story is known to many of them. In purana all these leelas happened when krishna was 10-11 years old, not a teenager like shown here. Krishna worshippers are conservative. They dont change pov just because of a tv show.

mnx12 thumbnail

I havent seen sat's epi. But if they have portrayed radha in such manner then be happy most of the viewers wont accept and may disconnect with this interpretation. 

Ph and channel will get away with showing disclaimer when show starts. Let them be happy with their horrific intellectual interpretation. Viewers will not accept because of strong base of the real radha krishna's story they have heard, read since childhood.