IMPORTANT: Login Issues please post here.

Posted: 4 years ago

Hi,

Members who are having issues in Logging to the site kindly mail us the issue at: 

security [at] indiaforums.com

You can even ask your friends on IF to post it for you on your behalf.

Regards,
Vijay

Frequently Asked Questions relating to Login issues will be posted here.

Posting on behalf of my friend : IamSwapnali (previously ..swapnali..)

"I was among the first few ones to report the issue when the beta testing was going on. I am not able to log in. Vijay liked my post, but never replied why the issue is there.

I read in some other posts now about validating the email address. I have been a member since 2009 and don't even remember which email address I gave while registering. Between 2009 and now, so many email addresses are closed by Yahoo. I get that you don't want people creating duplicate IDs. But for someone who is a member for last 10 years, some other criteria should be considered too. Even though I am very used to visit IF at least 5 times a day, I am not going to create another account just for validating my email address. If IF doesn't want to come up with something for old members who have never violated any rule, I am mature enough to move on".

What is this access denied ðŸ˜¡ I can’t believe what’s wrong with the website 

Unable to login bhai 

Getting 403/500 errors   need to refresh 20 times to get a single page open.

Also unable to send PM's now .earlier it was working fine 

Originally posted by Heart-Hacker

Unable to login bhai 

Getting 403/500 errors   need to refresh 20 times to get a single page open.

Also unable to send PM's now .earlier it was working fine 

Are you still getting the same ?

Originally posted by rachana11

Posting on behalf of my friend : IamSwapnali (previously ..swapnali..)

"I was among the first few ones to report the issue when the beta testing was going on. I am not able to log in. Vijay liked my post, but never replied why the issue is there.

I read in some other posts now about validating the email address. I have been a member since 2009 and don't even remember which email address I gave while registering. Between 2009 and now, so many email addresses are closed by Yahoo. I get that you don't want people creating duplicate IDs. But for someone who is a member for last 10 years, some other criteria should be considered too. Even though I am very used to visit IF at least 5 times a day, I am not going to create another account just for validating my email address. If IF doesn't want to come up with something for old members who have never violated any rule, I am mature enough to move on".

If your email was earlier verified and you were able to login and post on the site it should still work fine.

You can update your email after login.

Originally posted by Jayshree

Are you still getting the same ?

it's working  fine now.

Originally posted by Jayshree

If your email was earlier verified and you were able to login and post on the site it should still work fine.

You can update your email after login.

Thanks for replying. 

She tried again, but just get invalid login attempt error. It she clicks on forgot password link, she has to enter the email address. She doesn't remember the email address used while registering, as there was never a need to look at your IF profile again. 

Also, It's almost impossible for anyone to remember if their email was verified 10 years ago or not. There are so many email services 10 yrs ago that probably don't even exist or some became paid services so people had to let go those. 

Remember usa.com, prontomail, rediffmail?

People don't even log in to their Hotmail account anymore!

I can understand if you want to let go someone just created an account on IF and never posted anything. But someone is active for 10 yrs, and not able to log in suddenly is just weird. 

You can look at her posts and find that she was active even a week ago. If email verification is such a big deal, why was it never announced earlier- like they did for the username?

Also, just wondering if the issue is really because of verification or something else? For example, due to the changes in username policy, she had to change it. Though everything was working fine on old website, but  Is there any issue because of that on the new website?

I am member of ff from 2012 .and now when I login the say go to ur email and verifie .that is so stupid think yar.that email account is so old and and I almost foget that account.when I go to that account thy also sy to refresh ur account.this is to much we r vary old member of ff thy have to think about their old member.