Posted: 5 years ago
Anyone else who is disappointed with Oscar nominations? I am.
Black Panther and A star is born in best pic and Lady Gaga in best actress category. 🥱

Infinity War got only one nomination. Just one.😡
Black panther should have been in best vfx and infinity war in best film. it deserves to be best film..
disappointing nominations tbh
Pathetic nominations... 
I think they are giving nominations to popular movies just to get viewership on D Day...

Black Panther, A Star is Born and Bohemian Rhapsody all are popular yet mediocre movies. 

Also not happy with Roma... that is a short movie stretched for 2 hours.

The only film I have watched out of the nominations is Roma. I absolutely loved the movie. ❤️
But i still want Rami to win Oscar for Freddie Mercury. I survived BR only because of his performance...
A star is a born is 4th remake of the same story ( if I count Ashique 2 ) and it's Oscars worthy 🤪 ? No Way

and Lady Gaga 🤔
Lady Gaga deserved it.
Black panther and klansman was in for affirmative action.
Vice is a Mediocre movie , possibly in bcz it bashes right wing.

Timothee should have been in place of Sam Rockwell for vice.

Ethan hawke should have gone in for best actor for first reformed.

Roma was decent but over hyped.

Claire foy and first man should have gotten more love specially in technical categories.
Toni Collete for hereditary should have been in.

This was a good year for movies unfortunately big studios didn't delivered so we got average movies as Oscars nominee due due to campaigning and lobbying.

Lady Gaga totally deserves her nomination : she was beyond terrific. I'm glad Yalitza got nominated too. I'm yet to catch the other performances. 
I cant believe emily blunt got snubbed after 2 amazing performances.They snubbed ethan hawke too.Damn u oscar!
Rami should win the oscar or we riot! Christian Bale has already won it so he can settle for 2nd.

I am happy for marvel although infinity war was better than BP and I wished it got an oscar nod for best picture. 
BP might win the best costume.

A star is born is the most overrated movie of 2018.
Vice is a mediocre movie and does not deserve its nominations. It is truly left-wing pandering and as a liberal and movie lover, I am disgusted. BlacKKKlansman is actually good and deserving. But Black Panther is again pandering to race. I enjoyed the movie (very much)- but nowhere is it as masterful as Return of the King - the last big-budget blockbuster Oscar winner. Roma should be in the best picture category only. Its a shoo-in for foreign film, and that's unfair. The Shape of Water didn't get into two film categories. Will You Be My Friend the Mister Roger documentary deserves a documentary nomination. Why is this beautiful feature snubbed. 
A Star is Born is totally deserving of all the accolades though. With the umpteen remakes when you count both Hollywood and foreign adaptations, it is difficult to keep a script fresh and engaging. A Star is born manages to refresh such a well-known story. I think its treatment of alcoholism is the best amidst the four Hollywood renditions. In previous versions, the shades of jealousy, infidelity, and arrogance tend to overshadow the alcoholism. This rendition's Jackson Maine is a flawed broken man on account of alcoholism, he doesn't need jealousy or infidelity to hurt Ally. And thus while previous character renditions were only problematic - he is both problematic and sympathetic - a more realistic take.