Is Deepika Padukone an OVERHYPED actress overall ?

Poll

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
1146099 thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Deepika deepika deepika
We heard this name way too much , been too hyped

but do u think she deserved all of it?

IS she the most beautiful one around ?
I remember once when there was Madhuri on top of her game, no one was as pretty as her...but we have KATRINA and EVEN SONAM that r conventionally more beautiful than her.

Deepika's acting is way too mediocre ...she cannot give a LAYERED performance unlike a vidya rani , even kareena was a better performer than her.

NOT an exceptional dancer as well.

Her BO record is also inconsistent barring three slb films in a row that came in last SIX years.

is she overhyped
or not?

please back your vote with a logical reply
:)

-----------
Edited by tanya-91 - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tara901 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
i think if she wasn't good looking, she would not be where she is. I think if someone like alia was 2 shades darker...she would also not get the same attention. I wish this wasnt true...but it is especially for women in bollywood. please explain how katrina got to the level she is without any real acting talent. for women...your looks play a huge part in whether you are successful. that and the choices you make
1146099 thumbnail

Originally posted by: tara901

i think if she wasn't good looking, she would not be where she is. I think if someone like alia was 2 shades darker...she would also not get the same attention. I wish this wasnt true...but it is especially for women in bollywood. please explain how katrina got to the level she is without any real acting talent. for women...your looks play a huge part in whether you are successful. that and the choices you make

I did not wrote she is not good looking, I stated she is not THE MOST good looking one among her contemporaries.
its not about shades or color complexion, but the overall package,
but most important acting and boxoffice...she has been over praised for these two in my opinion.

katrina is an exception
how many times we have seen an actress who do NOT know how to act, making it to the top?
it can be either a fluke, her immense screen presence and dancing or salman's affect or all that she is where she is...
but katrina is not a yardstick here to measure... I guess she got top position pre dhoom 3 due to her EXTRAORDINARY boxoffice continuous hits' history...
tara901 thumbnail
I am saying that looks play a part in either katrina or deepika's success. so..my answer is yes, she is overrated. she is not the best actress out there. but in comparison to her contemporaries and her "compteition" she has earned her success. But I always think bollywood puts too much attention on looks for an actress..its changing but a female star usually in the past has been physically attractive, and thats partly why deepika is on top right now.
*katrina and deepika are both beautiful imo...its a matter of opiion on who you feel is prettier.
Edited by tara901 - 6 years ago
1146099 thumbnail
I agree with u
but in this thread my focus is not that much about looks..its not even in the poll options...

yeah thats true, she became number one bcoz the competition was SO WEAK for her.
kareena was retired as a lead actress when she blossomed
katrina cant be taken seriously a an actress
Sonam, was never a competition for deepika
Anushka is kind of a tomboish who can never compete with the prestine feminine perceived-image of deepika...anushka's biggest drawback is she cant be darling of men/biys unlike dpad.
Priyanka left the maidan for her for her hollywood stints
aishwarya is irrelevant
rani and preity retired as well
new actresses shraddha parineeti etc cannot be her competition as well...

so yeah UNLIKE 90s and 2000s VERY TOUGH COMPETITION among lead actresses, she became very lucky
tara901 thumbnail
maybe I am not understanding the q 😆 but i think actresses like alia bhatt and newcomers who choose versatile roles and have acting talent will be the new revelation in bw. they bring in a personality on screen...they will be her competition. I think deepika will have to up her game to remain on her top. these newcomers especially the talented ones will give a run for her money. To answer your question...she is over hyped due to mediocre talent on screen.
1146099 thumbnail
Its more about acting talent and boxoffice record
for me dpad has acheived but not that much for which she needs so much of praise, standing and number one position if we consider her talent and bo records compared to other number one actresses in past
HayeSiyaapa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I think she is great when she wants to be but she's forever staying with Bansali, who other than Leela, has otherwise given her crap characters whose job is nothing but to stand there and look pretty- close to 0 acting. PC ate her up alive in BM and RS in PV. But good subtle roles like Piku and even Tamasha I thought she was fab but those dont do as well in the BO. She is still #1 but I think its mostly because she's pretty and less so because of talent. Thats why Kat was #1 for so long without any real talent- face and body, but DP is better than that at least. But like someone mentioned, not much competition around. She seems to be leaving the race too, barely any new project news from her.
Edited by pyaari_puja - 6 years ago