IMPORTANT: Cleaning up +1 posts from all Forums

Posted: 5 years ago
Hi All,
We are in the process of removing low quality and +1 type posts like "thank you" / tfs /  Smiley .
Which is basically pushing quality posts to deep pages for other members. So some members will be seeing drop in their post counts. I hope you will understand and co-operate with us on this.

There are major changes coming to the site as we prepare ourselves for the launch of the India Forums app. Our android version is already in Alpha and we are inviting testers to help us test it. I will be posting the details on a separate topic.

Regards,
Vijay

This was informed to our members last year also:

Originally posted by vijay

Hi All,
We are making a few changes to improve the content quality in our forums. We would like to encourage members to use the "Like" button instead of posting "TFS", "Thanks" or other +1 kind of replies to a post. We would be removing such responses from the Topics and this might bring down Post counts for some of the members. 

This will improve the visibility of meaningful responses and reduce the number of pages a member has to browse to read them.

We would be removing them from the entire site gradually and would like to seek your co-operation in this matter. 

In order to combat Link spam we now have an in-house resource to handle this so that our moderators can take care of the more important stuffs.

I hope you all will agree that it will improve our Forums considerably in the long run.

Please do not post "TFS" / "Thanks" kinda response until you have something more substantial to add to the discussion. Use the "Like" button instead.

Regards,
Vijay

Still waiting for the app. 
Currently we are scanning our entire database with over 40 million posts for Links and Images which no longer works.
In our next step we will be removing the same from the Posts so that rest of the content remains intact.

Eagerly waiting for the app...
Congratulations.. when will the ios version launched? Will it be all together?
Will it be available on Apple devices too...
So i am guess froums games is not a good place to post because of 1 post only 😕
You removed 9k of my posts and i'm Pretty sure most of them weren't +1 or one word or smiley posts... Dunno what you are actually deleting... Edited by .Mishh007. - 5 years ago
Could you help with a remedy for the Broken Links issue resulted from the deletion of posts,

as it has impacted thousands of threads related to show based fan fictions where the story index has been disturbed completely and does not work any more.

The chapters in the threads have been moved by 2 to 12 pages (depending on number of post deletions) making it tough for the readers to go through several pages to find the right post / page for the chapters.

And, many of these threads are old where writers were not aware of the post based linked and have given page based links instead. The threads are closed now, even the writers may not be active, so less chances of getting it corrected.

Also, if the posts where links and images which are no longer working will be removed in future, then it will further impact the story index as some of the links will point to non-existent page (the links pointing to the last pages of the thread which are removed now)

It would be helpful if you can keep the threads related to show fan fictions/stories intact. Thx.
Oh that explains the curious disappearance of numbers.
Please come with something soon for spams on all forums. :)

Also,

If you could add a feature to differentiate between normal posts and fiction post..  Maybe a different symbol instead of the blue/pink box?