*October*Shoojit Sircar film- Varun Dhawan/Banita Sandhu - Update

1123328 thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Film: October

Release Date: 1st June 2018

Starring: Varun Dhawan and introducing: Banita Sandhu

Director: Shoojit Sircar

Writer: Juhi Chaturvedi (Piku & Vicky Donor)

Genre: Slice of life film/Romantic Drama

Edited by ChidyaFirangi - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

VirginiaPlath thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Varun Dhawan: I can't explain how different a love story October is going to be

Varun Dhawan talks about how he looks for heart and soul in a script.

Written By Karishma Shetty MumbaiPublished: August 9, 2017 12:39 pm 6588 reads3 comments
Varun Dhawan has proved time and again that he is one of the most happening and bankable stars with a buffet of movies under his platter. Whether it be romance, comedy, action or drama, Varun has surely made his mark in Bollywood.
While talking to a leading daily, Varun spoke about what he looks for in a script. He said, "I always look for the heart and soul in a script. A film has to have a soul. And when I say heart', it has to have a heartbeat' that affects you and literally quickens your heartbeat."
He further stated, "It can come from anywhere [in the script] because it's not a mathematical equation. It's like how you narrate a story; you can narrate it in a very boring way or the most exciting manner," and added, "It can be any emotion you could get upset, angry or be happy, but you must feel something."
Varun also got candid about his movieOctober that is being directed by Shoojit Sircar. The actor revealed, "I like different genres, and as an actor; I want to dabble in every genre. I can't explain how different a love story October is going to be. I don't know what genre to put this film in. As a creative person, it's very unusual and new. And you hear stories such as this one. I am excited and thrilled about that."
Written by Juhi Chaturvedi, October is slated to release on June 1, 2018.
VirginiaPlath thumbnail

Who's Varun Dhawan's new October' girl? How was she discovered? Find all the details

By Prashant Singh, Mumbai

Remember the stunning model from the DoubleMint ad last year who went on to become a sensation of sorts? Now, the same girl, Banita Sandhu, from Wales (UK), is set to make her big Bollywood debut in Shoojit Sircar's October, co-starring Varun Dhawan.

Shoojit says, "Everybody loved Banita in a chewing gum commercial that I had directed. It had almost 40 million hits. While I was shooting the ad film, Juhi (Chaturvedi; writer) and I were also working on the script [for this film]. So, one day, I clicked a picture of Banita and sent it to Juhi saying, She has the potential to fit into the character that we are looking at'.

Varun Dhawan says he always wanted to work with film-maker Shoojit Sircar.

Until then, the film-maker hadn't told Banita that she was being considered for the film. He says, "I didn't pursue it further at that point, as we were still working on the script. Then, we locked the script and Varun was finalised. We did look at other actors [for Banita's part], but then one day, I called her and told her that I may be casting her in the film, and that she should start doing workshops, he says.

The Piku (2015) director admits that although Banita had been given the news, the film's makers "weren't absolutely sure until that point. He says, "But slowly, Juhi, Ronnie (Lahiri; producer) and I zeroed in on her and were sure that, She is the girl we should go for'. My casting director also felt that she was the right person for this character. The film-maker adds that the project will go on the floors within a few weeks. "We are still working on finer details, but most probably, we should start in October, he says.

In October, Varun Dhawan will team up with Shoojit Sircar (left) for the first time. The film will be produced by Ronnie Lahiri (centre).

Be it Minissha Lamba in Yahaan (2005), or Ayushmann Khurrana and Yami Gautam in Vicky Donor (2012), Shoojit Sircar has a knack for finding newer faces. "Please don't say that; I don't have any such knack (laughs), he says, adding that what he always hunts for is the feel' and vibe' in an actor.

"I always look for people who are ready to jump into my story and the kind of commitment I am making. So, it's like, is that person as excited or gung-ho about the film and the story that I am going to tell? In that case, even if the person doesn't fit in 100% or isn't a great technician or a great actor, but is ready to go along with my idea, story and vision, I'll definitely work with him or her. At least, there is a commitment or interest, he says.

So, what made him choose a newcomer, when he could have easily worked with an established actress? "It has never mattered to me if I am working with established or non-established actors. The demands of the script is all that matters. The script required a certain face, vulnerability and innocence, so we did many auditions, he says.

Last year, Banita Sandhu became a sensation of sorts when she appeared in a chewing gum ad that was directed by Shoojit Sircar.

Shoojit admits that "established names were also considered. "But Juhi, Ronnie and I thought that Banita is perfect for the character. In the past, if I have worked with Minissha, Yami, Nargis Fakhri in Madras Caf (2013), Deepika (Padukone) in Piku (2015), or the three girls in Pink (2016); they worked as characters and not just because they were established or non-established stars, he says.

Follow @htshowbiz for more

1112805 thumbnail
Excited for October

So Varun's current look is for this film. I guess he will finish shooting this by January as he begins with Sui Dhaaga in Jan end
1112805 thumbnail

Varun Dhawan to ABANDON social media for October!

Published on September 26, 2017

Judwaa 2 actor Varun Dhawan is quite an active person on his social media accounts and that's not up for debate. Time and again, he has given us some serious fitness goals with his bare body pictures (and also made a LOT of boyfriends out there look really bad).

What we also know about the dynamic actor is that whenever he does a film, he goes all in, and it's not going to be any different with his upcoming project with Shoojit Sircar, October.

Reportedly, the actor has been asked by Shoojit Da to go off social media and solely focus on his character in the dark love tale. The actor has claimed that Shoojit has asked him to do so because he does not want him to think anything else and give his heart and soul into his character. Needless to say, Dhawan gave in to Sircar's demands.

Well, we hope that this ultimate sacrifice pays off for Dhawan. This might just mean that the film will happen at a faster pace, and, we might see Varun Dhawan very soon once again after Judwaa 2!

Stick to this space for the latest in Bollywood!

sandiab thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
so excited for this movie and pairing

all the best to the team
Humpty_Badri thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
releases 1st june 2018. ramazan ๐Ÿ˜”
djoker thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
๐Ÿ˜†
excited for this one 2018 is like far off๐Ÿ˜†
Jyoti_kuku thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Wow! Finally got to know who was she!!! Banita Sandhu.. loved her in that ad .. excited
VirginiaPlath thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Varun for a prep session at Shoojit's office. I am really liking his October look โค๏ธ