Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SRK_FKfan thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Saw the movie today..Fawad is amazing as Rahul...didn't like that kjo made him gay in the movie although expected from him but difficult to take it. He's too hot for that. People in the theatre were laughing when his mother was going through his pics. Thoda to realistic lagna chayote. They could have just showed him having a relationship with a girl in London. Karan and his craving for gay angle. He should be made as brand ambassador for gay rights in India. Can understand what he might have been through. I felt Rahul's character thoda based on him. Living a lie for family. Brilliant performances by everyone but fawad is something else
divaz thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: IshqBulaava

Kapoor and Sons sets records in North America!

Kapoor & Sons - Since 1921 starring Sidharth Malhotra, Alia Bhatt, Fawad Khan, and Rishi Kapoor, has generated the biggest Bollywood opening weekend of the year in North America grossing an estimated $965,000 over the March 18 - 20 period. The acclaimed Karan Johar production from Fox Star Studios and Dharma Productions beat out the $878,000 debut weekend of Akshay Kumar's Airlift which previously held the record for 2016.

the theater where i watched it was jam packed at 8 pm. the theater had to add an extra show before the night's end. there were lots of pakistanis and indians.
Dhaa-Ki-Tiki thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I am in the minority here but the film just doesn't work for me at any level.It was a complete snoozefest with some decent comedy and good acting thrown in between here and there.I completely lost interest way before the interval and was bored by the time the film ended.Too much Dharma type drama presented in the form of a 'subtle story of a dysfunctional family'.The first half of the film was completely random,looked like different episodes of a TV show thrown in here and there but thankfully that changed in the second half.I really liked the writing of the post interval scenes of the film but again couldn't handle so much drama during the climax.Thanks to all the posts about the character sketches of the actors in this forum during the shoot of the film, the turning point in Rahul's character did not generate any surprising emotion from my end.Pretty sad though that during the turning point in Rahul's character,the whole theatre was actually laughing! *jai ho desi homophobia*
To me, the film looked a bit pretentious,similar to what I felt while watching Dil Dhadakne Do-trying too hard to portray the dysfunctional family. The comedy scenes with dadu were hilarious but it doesn't really add anything much to the story and punch lines get lost amidst so much of screaming,shouting and dialogues.The songs again are pathetic and neither adds anything nor takes the story forward (What was the music director thinking while composing the birthday song and what was the choreographer thinking while creating the John Cena 'You can't see me' step?).Alia overacts as the 'funny and chilled out' Tia in the first half, thank god she isn't there much in the whole film,such a negligible character.Siddharth Malhotra is wooden.Can neither express nor deliver dialogues properly.He ruins such a powerful scene of Arjun's outburst in front of his mom. Ratna Pathak Shah and Rajat Kapoor are repetitive.Overall, a pretty boring ensemble cast too. The only actors who actually carry the film on their shoulders are Rishi Kapoor and Fawad Khan.While Rishi gives the right dosage of laughter,Fawad Khan is beyond brilliant! He is the only reason why I could actually sit throughout such a boring film.Inspite of not being able to connect to anything in the film, his performance forced me to atleast connect with his character. I hope he gets more films in Bollywood!
I loved Shakun's EMAET and find it one of the most underrated films of 2012.The breeziness and the simplicity of his first film was somehow missing in this, atleast for me. I really want to watch Kapoor and Sons from the perspective of those who appreciated the film to know what did they like in the film.I still wonder why am I the only one to have not liked the film or connect with it? 😕

2/5

Excuse typos.

divaz thumbnail

Originally posted by: AdaPadaKaunPada

I am in the minority here but the film just doesn't work for me at any level.It was a complete snoozefest with some decent comedy and good acting thrown in between here and there.I completely lost interest way before the interval and was bored by the time the film ended.Too much Dharma type drama presented in the form of a 'subtle story of a dysfunctional family'.The first half of the film was completely random,looked like different episodes of a TV show thrown in here and there but thankfully that changed in the second half.I really liked the writing of the post interval scenes of the film but again couldn't handle so much drama during the climax.Thanks to all the posts about the character sketches of the actors in this forum during the shoot of the film, the turning point in Rahul's character did not generate any surprising emotion from my end.Pretty sad though that during the turning point in Rahul's character,the whole theatre was actually laughing! *jai ho desi homophobia*

To me, the film looked a bit pretentious,similar to what I felt while watching Dil Dhadakne Do-trying too hard to portray the dysfunctional family. The comedy scenes with dadu were hilarious but it doesn't really add anything much to the story and punch lines get lost amidst so much of screaming,shouting and dialogues.The songs again are pathetic and neither adds anything nor takes the story forward (What was the music director thinking while composing the birthday song and what was the choreographer thinking while creating the John Cena 'You can't see me' step?).Alia overacts as the 'funny and chilled out' Tia in the first half, thank god she isn't there much in the whole film,such a negligible character.Siddharth Malhotra is wooden.Can neither express nor deliver dialogues properly.He ruins such a powerful scene of Arjun's outburst in front of his mom. Ratna Pathak Shah and Rajat Kapoor are repetitive.Overall, a pretty boring ensemble cast too. The only actors who actually carry the film on their shoulders are Rishi Kapoor and Fawad Khan.While Rishi gives the right dosage of laughter,Fawad Khan is beyond brilliant! He is the only reason why I could actually sit throughout such a boring film.Inspite of not being able to connect to anything in the film, his performance forced me to atleast connect with his character. I hope he gets more films in Bollywood!
I loved Shakun's EMAET and find it one of the most underrated films of 2012.The breeziness and the simplicity of his first film was somehow missing in this, atleast for me. I really want to watch Kapoor and Sons from the perspective of those who appreciated the film to know what did they like in the film.I still wonder why am I the only one to have not liked the film or connect with it? 😕

2/5

Excuse typos.

its ok to not agree with the majority reviews here. thanks for the review and the highlighted part.
people were also laughing in my theater at the whole gay revelation and the scenes thereafter. I watched in US and the response shocked me. i thought people would be more sensitive. i was actually worried for fawad's choice because of this. but i am relieved now that fawad has been appreciated by critics and janta and also the movie is doing well at the box office
mz.gigglez thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I think Sid couldve performed better but nonetheless Rishi Kapoor And Fawad kept the show going for me.
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: divaz

its ok to not agree with the majority reviews here. thanks for the review and the highlighted part.
people were also laughing in my theater at the whole gay revelation and the scenes thereafter. I watched in US and the response shocked me. i thought people would be more sensitive. i was actually worried for fawad's choice because of this. but i am relieved now that fawad has been appreciated by critics and janta and also the movie is doing well at the box office

Wow seriously? People laughed? How pathetic! That too in the US!

I am in Canada, and thankfully nobody was laughing there was pin-drop silence. You know intially after coming out of the film, the only complaint I had is why the team didnt FULLY go there. Why didnt Rahul explicitly say "I am homosexual or gay"...Now I know why...because Indian audience isnt ready for it. If people were laughing in US, then I cant imagine how they are reacting in India/Pakistani where there is more of a stigma.
divaz thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

I am in Canada, and thankfully nobody was laughing there was pin-drop silence. You know intially after coming out of the film, the only complaint I had is why the team didnt FULLY go there. Why didnt Rahul explicitly say "I am homosexual or gay"...Now I know why...because Indian audience isnt ready for it. If people were laughing in US, then I cant imagine how they are reacting in India/Pakistani where there is more of a stigma.

Yes they laughed and then giggled throughout the movie. I was so disappointed. I wanted to watch the movie and concentrate on the scene but people were rude. It's sad that this happened in US. We are surrounded by gay/lesbian/bisexual people. I thought people would take it maturely. Somebody else mentioned the same thing here that people were laughing at those scenes. I am glad Shakun presented it in a subtle manner. Imagine if Fawad had said I am gay. I am a Fawad fan and I was so worried for his career choice. He has portrayed the character brilliantly but I was worried because of the audience's reaction.
I am glad Canadian audience took it better.
divaz thumbnail

Originally posted by: desisrkfan

hey,

is this a movie that can be watched with mom?

any sex/nudity/awkward scenes?

No nudity. There is a kiss between Sid and Alia but it is not gross at all but kinda cute. Fawad Khan plays a homosexual in the movie but it's all done with subtlety. They never mention the word gay in the movie. There were lots of families watching the movie at my theater. It all depends on how comfortable you are watching with them.
IshqBulaava thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Joginder Tuteja
@Tutejajoginder
#KapoorAndSons - Fantastic Sunday with 11-11.5 cr coming in. Total so far: 25.5 cr+. Film is set to be HIT.
6:10 PM - 20 Mar 2016
Joginder Tuteja
@Tutejajoginder
#KapoorAndSons - 2nd highest weekend of 2016 Airlift 44.3 cr Kapoor & Sons 25.5 cr+ Ghayal OA 23.25 cr Neerja 22.01 cr Wazir 21.01 cr
6:12 PM - 20 Mar 2016
Joginder Tuteja
@Tutejajoginder
#KapoorAndSons - Dharma scores a good success. Fox gets it right again after Neerja. Content is the ultimate winner!
6:14 PM - 20 Mar 2016
2Retweets3Likes
IshqBulaava thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Lot of Muslims really liked the film and Fawad's character from the videos I watched but there were few ladies who were not happy with his character.