Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago

😆

Word Count: 0

Fantasia. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: pinkeye

ok sdont get me started on theses mother son scenes. it was brilliant and emotional to say the least. Yes she struggled a lot to say and accept that its his lover but yet did ask him as that person was important and part of her son's life. and then the son embraces her. wow just wow. that's real parent - child bond, no matter what that shelter , that solace which will always remain there. ❤️

absouletely! ❤️
Rahul and sunita's mother - son relationship is going to stay with me for its warmth, ❤️ .. nOt only were there emotional dynamics brilliant but that ease in hugs and kisses, that normal yearning of hugging ur mom when you are standing all tired and she coems from behind .. mtlb so so natural! ❤️
Hifah thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I so ❤️ chand se mehbooba scene and fawad's voice and all were singing .what a delightful scene ❤️ I might go again for that scene
pinkeye thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Fantasia.

absouletely! ❤️
Rahul and sunita's mother - son relationship is going to stay with me for its warmth, ❤️ .. nOt only were there emotional dynamics brilliant but that ease in hugs and kisses, that normal yearning of hugging ur mom when you are standing all tired and she coems from behind .. mtlb so so natural! ❤️

haan and after that chand sa mehbooba scene he comes and hugs her tight saying so happy to see you happy or saying are mujhe toh bhindi bahat pasand hai. awww to that. 😳
Fantasia. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
btw that chachu family angle was also well managed in the movie .. their nuances with the elder kapoor couple, and the joyful teasing of rahul and arjun with their younger cousins, picking them up, teasing them with pony tails ... absolutely natural! just a scene from every single home! ⭐️
Eggon_Snow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Hey guys just returned from the movie...my entire family loved it and my Dad who sleeps through most movies stayed wide awake and had great words of praise about how the movie was so realistic and wonderfully relatable. The entire ensemble did great work, the dialogues, screenplay was very well done. Fabulous work by Shakun👏
Finally a movie on dysfunctional families which has depth unlike the superficial Dil Dhadakne Do. Kapoor and Sons is biryani to the pasta that Dil Dhadakne Do was.

P.S. I really liked Sid's acting too, he was not the weak link maybe just a bit unpolished compared to the actors he was working with.

P.P.S My amazeballs brother guessed at the very start of that stolen story sub-plot that it must have been the mother's doing😆

Edited by gatheringstorm - 8 years ago
IshqBulaava thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Damn, can't stop listening to Saathi Rey, its pure gold. Such a underrated song.
IshqBulaava thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Kapoor and Sons sets records in North America!

Kapoor & Sons - Since 1921 starring Sidharth Malhotra, Alia Bhatt, Fawad Khan, and Rishi Kapoor, has generated the biggest Bollywood opening weekend of the year in North America grossing an estimated $965,000 over the March 18 - 20 period. The acclaimed Karan Johar production from Fox Star Studios and Dharma Productions beat out the $878,000 debut weekend of Akshay Kumar's Airlift which previously held the record for 2016.

Serendipity.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

So finally i watched Kapoor and Sons in the theater. Second FK film!🥳

So coming to the film,i have no words honestly. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie.😳Honestly i did not expect it to be THIS good. I am so so so glad KJo offered this film to FK. When i heard of KandS i thought it would be a nice and breezy dramedy but i was surprised in a pleasant way. The movie touches all the right chords and its such a beautiful film filled with emotions. It manages to make you think and manages to convey the message so amazingly. Soo many things to learn and ponder upon. Kudos to Shakun Batra. He's a genius!

The story is simple and yet so beautifully portrayed. Hats off to the director and ALL the actors.

Fawad - what do I say about this man! He was perfection in every damn scene! His expressions, his body language, his looks, his dialogue delivery - everything was amazing. He was bloody good in all the emotional scenes. The mother - son bond was so beautifully shown and Rathna Pathak - FK shared an endearing bond. The scenes in which he accepts that he is tired of being a perfect son is sooo freaking brilliant! FK nailed that scene.. So did Rathna Pathak. I was weeping like a child in that one..All the high voltage scenes between them were a treat to watch. FK is sheer brilliance when it comes to emotional scenes. I mean we have seen him in ZGH and HS so no doubts about it. Also, special mention to the team for handling the issue of homosexuality in such a dignified way and kudos to fawad for pulling this off. I mean I have so much respect for this guy! Takes guts to do such a role in a completely new industry. So so proud of him as a fan today. And of course FK had a meatier role in comparison.

Sid - I don't know why people felt he was weak. I did not think so. He was adorable as the carefree and the not-so-perfect brother and son. His performance was so nuanced and I think he did justice to his role. His scene with rathna Pathak was amazing. He and Alia had lovely chemistry! And the brotherly bond was just too adorable!

Alia - Though she had nothing much to do, I must say she is a livewire on screen. Terrific screen presence and I think she was fab in all her scenes.

Rajat Kapoor and Rathna Pathak were effortlessly brilliant especially the latter. What a powerhouse of talent!

And finally Mr.Rishi Kapoor - What an actor! He was sheer brilliance! with the look and with his amazing comic sense! He was fabulous!

Also to the entire supporting cast, they were brilliant as well.

Applause for Shakun Batraa! Full credit to him for making this amazing film!!

I loved all the songs. They sounded more beautiful with all the visuals. Sathi rey was so impactful. I couldn't hold back my tears!

It's a film that makes you feel good and I hope and wish the team all the more success for this gem! Go FK. Go Sid. Go Alia. Go Shakun! Go Team KandS.

TheDarkRock thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Watched it...its very very good indeed...actually it does what DDD failed to do and looked superficial...acting all around was very solid...the last 30 minutes or so were absolutely brilliant and complex. Its a movie for family and would be loved by families.
************************SPOILERS****************************
The scene where Ratna Pathak wears the sandal/slipper in climax is absolutely heartbreaking and a gem...entire sequence was handled so brilliantly and was so emotional...well done.
************************SPOILERS****************************