Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: Mallika-E-Bhais

Nah we are wives. He can marry 4. 😆

🤣

Word Count: 0

Fantasia. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Btw one other scene worth mentioning, i loved that sunita-rahul scene where she awkwardly asks ... aur wo london main tumhara dost kaisa hai .. she still couldnt say boyfriend or lover .. managed on dost ... and rahul endearingly hugs her acknowledging that his mother tried to accept him .. loved it! ❤️
Edited by Fantasia. - 8 years ago
divaz thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Congratulations to all Fawadians, Sidians, Alians for 25 crores weekend business!
special mention to the director shakun and ratna, rajat, rishi jee
TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: RollingStones

Ohh I thought you din't liked him because of his Acting or his looks or may be because the usual "Overrated TV Guy"...😛
Bt since the reasons are just known to you ...then its fine ..😆

Don't take me seriously ya. I'm usually indifferent towards him. I bash him just for the heck of it. 😆

-------

@rogerrocks : I'm so glad you like Arjun's character too, man. Hey but that's pretty common na. If the responsible guy ends up making a mistake, it'll be counted as a mere mistake only ..but here if Arjun the 'irresponsible' guy causes a damage to the car, that'd only be counted as his carelessness. Yeh toh ghar ghar ki kahaani hai. 😆 They can make a part 2. It won't be a bad idea. 😆

------

@MEB : Yes! I got to know about it in one of the Fitoor threads recently. My first thought was that we have a celebrity in here. 😆
pinkeye thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Fantasia.

Btw one other scene worth mentioning, i loved that sunita-rahul scene where she awkwardly asks ... aur wo london main tumhara dost kaisa hai .. she still couldnt say boyfriend or lover .. managed on dost ... and rahul endearingly hugs her acknowledging that his mother tried to accept him .. loved it! ❤️

ok sdont get me started on theses mother son scenes. it was brilliant and emotional to say the least. Yes she struggled a lot to say and accept that its his lover but yet did ask him as that person was important and part of her son's life. and then the son embraces her. wow just wow. that's real parent - child bond, no matter what that shelter , that solace which will always remain there. ❤️
vib. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Mallika-E-Bhais

He's gay so how exactly do you think that would work.

Wait what? I din't know that fact :/
Fantasia. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

oh i am absolutely agree to this!!

PLumber was the hero too!! 🤣 🤣
He deserves an award! 🤣
Edited by Fantasia. - 8 years ago
pinkeye thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: -SparklingVibz-

Wait what? I din't know that fact :/

yes that's one very significant point in the film and how each character specially the son and mother deals with that revelation. nothing explicit but very subtle, mature handling of a relevant issue.
lovemango thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I enjoyed KAPOOR AND SONS. Its alternates between drama and light comedy, but the mood remains understated throughout, which kept it relatable.
The thing I liked most about the movie was that its story/screenplay rose above being 'pretentious' - which is where I felt similar movies like Dil Dhadakne Do (belonging to the same family-drama-comedy genre) failed to rise above its paper-thin material. The story, and the way it unfolds, is the real hero of the movie - you become invested in the characters, and wonder what's going to happen next with them. 😊

The screenplay is supplemented by competent performances by everyone. Rishi Kapoor was truly outstanding as the jovial dadu, keeping it light in most scenes and emotional in a few crucial scenes, and he left the most impact on me. Rajat Kapoor and Ratna Pathak were no less than excellent in their portrayal of the flawed and argumentative parents as well. This is probably the first complete work of Fawad's I've seen, and I can see why he has a lot of fans - he was effortless in the dramatic scenes as well as the comedic/light scenes. Alia was hardly there in the movie, but did a good job with her role - enjoyed her presence. Sid was good as the younger, 'ignored' brother - he is surrounded by senior actors and so his lack of experience is a bit more evident, but I still think he's improved from SOTY/Ek Villain days with more to go 👍🏼.

Spoiler parts - please do not read below if you have not seen the film yet:
Ratna Pathak finding out about Fawad's boyfriend and the scenes thereafter were nothing short of brilliant... Fawad showed the conflict of emotions - disappointed of not being the "perfect" son, but also courageous enough of owning up to the fact that he's gay and not hiding his 'true' self - extremely well.
I guessed that someone would die by the end, but didn't expect it to be Rajat Kapoor at all. Also, with his whole storyline about having an affair with his co-worker - it sounds terrible, but I didn't really feel bad when he died lol. 😆
The whole Rishi Kapoor and Mandakini thing was so hilarious, especially considering she was his brother's heroine - and the way they brought back the poster-sized cutout of Rajat Kapoor in the end was especially sweet 😊.
Hifah thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Fantasia.

oh i am absolutely agree to this!!

PLumber was the hero too!!🤣🤣
He deserves an award!🤣

😆 omgg that scene.