Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BornHyper thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: Lighthearted

Taran Adarsh@taran_adaarsh<small></small>

#KapoorAndSons is absolutely rock steady in evening shows today. Occupancy a little higher than yesterday despite #IndvsPak
@karanjohar

Agree. I was trying to book tickets for the 10 pm show but hardly any seats were available now despite the match.
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Shy_

Now after thinking about it again
I have come to realise why this film finale goes lacking

*Spoilers*
The whole rajat - anu issue is never cleared properly
Their history remais unclear

Sid got short end of stuck i believe
Fawad admits he's gay to him and he says i dont know what to say ,thats the end of it
Her whole issue with her mother is unresolved

Dir used tragedy to resolve issues instead of finding a way to solve some issues

Tragedy happened
Lets forgive and be with each other coz of that

*SPOLIERS*
I think more than anything else I was surprised that Rahul and Arjun dont talk about the issue of copying ideas. It is said the mother gives it to her favorite son as he was stuck but he was guilty of using it too isnt it? They just let it go. But I dont think they used tragedy to resolve issues. Despite the tragedy they go their separate ways. Its when they go their seperate ways and Daadu calls them they realize that they are family afterall and come back together. Maybe because time heals..

S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Action Alliance

Originally posted by: .Hajmola.

*SPOLIERS*
I think more than anything else I was surprised that Rahul and Arjun dont talk about the issue of copying ideas. It is said the mother gives it to her favorite son as he was stuck but he was guilty of using it too isnt it? They just let it go. But I dont think they used tragedy to resolve issues. Despite the tragedy they go their separate ways. Its when they go their seperate ways and Daadu calls them they realize that they are family afterall and come back together. Maybe because time heals..

I agree
But also sees using tragedy as way to end the film
Whole anu issue unresolved
Sid mother issue unresolved
As you said copying script issue unresolved
The only issue they resolved is mother accepting fawad

1019702 thumbnail

*SPOLIERS*

I agree on this, like leave the fact that the story belonged to Arjun how could Rahul even use the whole story which was given to him by his Mother. Or is it Sunita just shared the Idea with Rahul??

Wished both the brothers would have discussed it atheist once it was revealed...
pooja-menon thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: RollingStones

Also wild like to Mention , The love story between Sid and Alia just dit had any impact .

Also the KISS issue that Sid had , was just SO LAME like LAAAMMEEE. 😆

So true... it did seem lame.. especially when their so many pressing issues running at that time i.e extra marital affairs, homosexuality. However, then it picks up a bit when the copying truth revelation.
TheRager thumbnail

I agree
But also sees using tragedy as way to end the film
Whole anu issue unresolved
Sid mother issue unresolved
As you said copying script issue unresolved
The only issue they resolved is mother accepting fawad

*SPOILER*
I think Anu issue was resolved in a way. Though we are not told why Rajat has an affair with her we can make a guess. He and his wife were having lots of issues. But he meant to break up after Ratna and he patch up the previous night when the whole family comes together and thats why he went to meet her when Rahul finds out. Rahul also tells his mom as he is upset that he never believed his dad was cheating on his mom and covered up for him earlier.
Sid and mother issue...I think here too its fine as she confesses and he confronts her. But beyond there there wasnt much scope. She always preferred Rahul over Arjun thinking he isnt serious and wanted to help out Rahul. But Arjun did appear serious as he always had the quest to get his parents approval and kept trying many things. The mother and Rahul issue was nicely resolved though. I wanted proper resolution to the brothers issue. Finally it appeared the main issue was the girl and with Rahul's confession it was clear he was never interested in Tia. But Arjun had issues with Rahul even before that.
1019702 thumbnail

I don't think there was anything to be resolved in Anu's Case ..??
The father cheated ...and family comes to know.

Even Sid-Mother Issue , she confronted and he expressed his Disappointment...
This issue was more abt accepting that the WRONG happened...

Even in Rahul being GAY case , It was just accepting the Fact ..

I just wish the script copy issue was discussed by Brothers...

pooja-menon thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Fawad Khan shines throughout. 👍🏼
TheRager thumbnail

Originally posted by: RollingStones

I agree on this, like leave the fact that the story belonged to Arjun how could Rahul even use the whole story which was given to him by his Mother. Or is it Sunita just shared the Idea with Rahul??

Wished both the brothers would have discussed it atheist once it was revealed...

No he doesnt use the whole story. Arjun says few ideas in the novel was the same but I guess not enough to prove it was lifted.
Also I couldnt hear what Arjun tells in the end about changing the ending. But did Rahul write the ending? Because in his first novel the ending was supposed to be good.
justinnow thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

*SPOLIERS*

SPOILERS

I think it is very difficult to show history of everything. It is just not possible to do in film. It's stated that his father is having an affair with Anu if they indulged more it would have become more of their father story like it happened in DDD. I am happy they sticked more to Rahul , Arjun and their mother's love for her perfect son a little more than other who she believed was never serious about anything. I think this is the main heart of the story and else secondary and supporting to develop it into a wholesome film.
From the beginning it is shown how much Rahul cares for his mother and so does she and how he understand his parents more than Arjun who believes his parents will never understand him and which is correct as shown from their first scene confrontation. I think the part how Arjun's novel gets accepted and does well in the end because his brother Rahul wrote the ending for it (when we feel he is stealng his work again) the hints of which are there when he tells that ending was his and style was his.I think there should have had been more dialogues to clearly show how he felt about his brother.
Yes Dadu's video chat brings them back. That chat was very emotional, I could not hold back my tears. Rishi Kapoor rocked in all the funny and emotional scenes.
I think we can't expect such a story to be told in a better way than this to be able to continously hold interest in an ensemble cast while doing justice to all. I actually think Shakun did an excellent job. A lot credit should go to him and him only.