Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

asmaanixx thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 years ago
Hey there,
First of all, do not call something as grave as rape, stupid. It is a matter that needs to be dealt with seriously and with the utmost importance.

Personally, I started watching the show after Diya had already been raped so I do not know if it was the appropriate time to introduce the track or not.

In fact, I love the manner in which this track and the matter is being handled. Each element has been given careful consideration and according to the reviews I have read, the way the case has been handled is accurate.

Rape is a highly horrific act of nature that can occur to a person. To introduce such a track during a time when situations are tensed in India, was brave. TV has the power to influence many minds and teaching the audience the intricacies behind a rape situation is highly informative.

It is a grim matter to tackle but it is something that needs to be done. Yes, having Diya's entire family shun her was horrible, but it is something that happens. In fact, some women are killed for bringing such dishonor to their family. The fact that Diya has someone by her side to shelter, feed and support her, is immense. It gives courage to not only real life victims to survive, but also for the public to stand up and fight for what's right.

Every person related to Diya has had a separate reaction to what has happened to her and I appreciate that. Not everyone is expected to react in the same manner.

The one person who has me really intrigued is Badi Maa. Yes, as a woman her attitude is wrong, but her justification and willingness to put her family first isn't. I can completely understand her position but that doesn't mean that I agree with her. So, it will be interesting for me to see how her character continues to fold out in this situation.

In fact, I think this is the first time that I'm seeing a rape case be handled so thoroughly and be presented as an actual story that will impact the characters for a long time. Whether it's to present conflict, or strengthen their characters, this track is being utilized in an effective manner. Not just to increase the TRPs.

I am loving every bit of it and I hope once the track has been finished, Diya comes out as a much stronger person because of what happened to her. That she learns how to recognize people for who they are, how to survive and teach others to survive. I don't know much about Urmi and her struggles, but if Diya can become someone resembling her in terms of principles, values and conviction, then I will be extremely proud.
Susi_sneha_fan thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@asmaani thank u so much dear for ur reply
asmaanixx thumbnail

Originally posted by: Susi_sneha_fan

@asmaani thank u so much dear for ur reply

You are most welcome. If you felt offended by anything that I had said, then please do let me know as it was not my intention to do so. I will do my best to rectify the matter.
Susi_sneha_fan thumbnail

Originally posted by: asmaanixx

You are most welcome. If you felt offended by anything that I had said, then please do let me know as it was not my intention to do so. I will do my best to rectify the matter.

This is the best reply aasmani after reading ur reply i'm really touched I'm reading ur post again and again asmaani aisa sach mein hota hai parents apani bacho ko aisa situation's mein marna chahata hai?
usko akela chod kar chala jata hai
aisa kyu karta hai wo log?
Susi_sneha_fan thumbnail

Originally posted by: asmaanixx

aur ha tum ko ek baat batana bhool gayi mein you are such a sweet heart assmani thank u so much for accepting my request and giving ur amazing reveiw love u 🤗
Edited by Susi_sneha_fan - 9 years ago
asmaanixx thumbnail

This is the best reply aasmani after reading ur reply i'm really touched I'm reading ur post again and again asmaani aisa sach mein hota hai parents apani bacho ko aisa situation's mein marna chahata hai?
usko akela chod kar chala jata hai
aisa kyu karta hai wo log?

It's really unfortunate, but yes it does happen. To some families, honor and their image in society is all that matters. To maintain this reputation, they will do everything in their power to uphold it - even murder.

Women in general do not have that much respect given to them. I do not know the current situation in the way women are treated in India, but I do know that in the past, they were treated less than dirt. There have been multiple cases where they were murdered while they were in their's mothers wombs because the family wanted a son. Not only that, afterwards the mothers were abused for failing to provide them with a son. They are simply not respected as human beings. Expecting such a treatment from strangers is somewhat understandable but having that from your own family is the absolute worst. To be shunned by them creates a void and takes away the basic morale to live.

I cannot speak for everyone and give a justification for their behavior, but it usually amounts to the following:

• Society
asmaanixx thumbnail

aur ha tum ko ek baat batana bhool gayi mein you are such a sweet heart assmani thank u so much for accepting my request and giving ur amazing reveiw love u 🤗

Oh you are most welcome. 🤗 It is my utmost pleasure to be able to contribute to such a serious discussion. If you would ever like me to post anywhere else, then do let me know and I'll try my best. 😊
Namita-M thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
@Asmaa, (I'd like to call you so if you don't mind) you write brilliantly. Yes, it is a sad and depressing fact of life. I'm having a hard time grasping how her own parents disowned her and left town. They refused to take her to the hospital. Which by the way is one of the reasons their case has been weakened. If you haven't watched the actual rape episode, I will recommend do watch it but keep in mind it's pretty disturbing. The makers have tried to keep things as real as possible and the goons were shown with a really depraved and disgusting sense of reality.
BTW, Karan abandoned Diya and ran to save his life that night.
asmaanixx thumbnail

Originally posted by: Namzz

@Asmaa, (I'd like to call you so if you don't mind) you write brilliantly. Yes, it is a sad and depressing fact of life. I'm having a hard time grasping how her own parents disowned her and left town. They refused to take her to the hospital. Which by the way is one of the reasons their case has been weakened. If you haven't watched the actual rape episode, I will recommend do watch it but keep in mind it's pretty disturbing. The makers have tried to keep things as real as possible and the goons were shown with a really depraved and disgusting sense of reality.

BTW, Karan abandoned Diya and ran to save his life that night.

Actually, just call me by name or any variations of it. Variations of asmaani sounds weird to me. 😆

Thank you. It is hard to grasp these things but it's a way of life for some. When I first saw the scene, I had thought that at least Diya's mom would have supported her considering she's her mother and a woman as well. But then she proved that society demands blood. It requires sacrifice from every person in differing ways.

I'm actually planning on watching the show from the first post-leap episode so that I can understand some of these characters better.

But I was wondering as to why Diya hadn't gone for help in the first two weeks of the incident.

That type of mentality I had expected from the rapists, to see an even more perverse mentality from Karan is what shocked me. The "opened sweets" analogy he made yesterday was just.. 🤢

Diya is not an opened box of sweets. She is a human being.

If Karan ran away, then did he really see the rapists? And wouldn't Nikam bring up why Karan abandoned Diya that night?
Namita-M thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Gurleen, Karan and the goons had a tussle. The goons did try to stab him but Diya managed to stop that but than they turned on her and the DB ran away. So, he can definitely identify them.
Agreed, I hated his analogy of comparing Diya to a box of opened chocolates. What kind of mentality is that??

Not sure if Nikam will bring it up but than you never know.