The Promise: A ZaYa ThreeShot (Part I, II, III up, Pg 1; Poem- Pg 7)

Radikx1705 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Hola Guys! I'm Radhika- 14 years old! Most of you might not know me since I'm not really active on IF- that explains why I'm still a newbie, even after 4 months! xD.. Koi nahi, ab jaan gaye naa!
Okay now, coming to the point.. This is the first time I'm writing a piece like this, so I don't really know if it will appeal to you guys, but I sincerely hope so!
All kinds of feedback are welcome.. Happy reading! 😊

P.S. This piece is dedicated to all the wonderful authors out there.. You guys do a wonderful job to keep us happy even in the dark times! Kudos to you people.. Thanks a lot!

P.P.S. All those who are commenting, I'd really appreciate if you give me a brief introduction so that I know what to refer you as while I'm interacting with you- For eg. Name, Gender and Age! Thanks

Part I

I walked into my room, my head throbbing with pain. The last few days had drained me to the core, physically and emotionally. Carrying her janaaza on my shoulders had left my insides shattering like a glass.
I found solace in the fact that I had a chance to say goodbye to her, to see her go to sleep peacefully, just to wake up in some other world- hopefully a more beautiful one. Allah ki laadli finally met her allah- and maamu ki bhaanji, her maamu.

I prepared the couch to go to sleep. Yeah, I had stopped sleeping on the bed. It felt large- and strangely empty without her.

That is when I felt my 4 month old stir in her sleep. She must have sensed the disturbance in the room. I walked up to the cradle and took her in my arms. She'd got Aliya's lips, the same little nose, but eyes were mine. The most beautiful and purest soul I'd ever seen after Aliya was her. Zariya, my little angel.

Apni Aliya ki jhalak dekhne ka ek Zariya..

I tried cooing her to go back to sleep. Even sung her favourite lullaby, the one which maamu ki bhaanji used to sing to her. I could finally put her down after a good 20 minutes.

"Usko toh suladiya, tumhaari neend ka kya?"

I turned back towards the voice. And once again, I was the happiest person on earth.
She hadn't really left me, had she? Nope. Maamu ki bhaanji ka dil kitkit ke bina nahi lagta, jannat mein bhi..

I walk towards her.. and as if it had a mind of its own, my hand started making its way towards that one small flick near her ears, to tuck it back.
It hit me like a thunderbolt. I would never be able to touch her again, hold her hands and intertwine my fingers in hers, kiss her senseless or take in her pleasant vanilla fragrance again. But the sight of her, be it her soul, or even just a figment of my imagination, was enough to lessen the pain of my aching heart.

"Garden mein chalogi? Suffocation ho raha hain yaha.."

"Chalo"

So that was part 1.. part 2 and 3 will be up by tomorrow positively!

Lots of Love <3

Radhika (Radz!)

Edited by Radikx1705 - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Radikx1705 thumbnail
Hey guys! Really sorry for the delay.. Had both the chaps ready, but comments ka reply dete dete I'd crossed my 10 posts per day limit. So to make it up I'm updating both the chaps! Hope ya enjoy.. Happy reading!

Part II

To lie down with her on the grass adorned with dew, under the enchanting radiance of eid ka chaand, with our hands intertwined had always been my dream- now partially fulfilled, only the last and the significant piece was missing.

"Tumhein bahaut zyaada miss karta hun. I feel so lost and incomplete without you. Zindagi ka vajood hi jaise kahi kho sa gaya ho.."

"Main toh hamesha tumhaare saath thi, hun aur hamesha rahungi.. tumhaari yaado mein, dil mein.. yaad hain naa kya kaha tha maine tumse- tum chaaho bhi naa tab bhi tumhaare ird-gird mandraati rahungi? Toh bas.."

"I miss holding you in my arms Mallika-e-Zain. Kyun gayi tum? Itna bura tha main? Mere bare mein nahi toh Zariya ke bare mein toh do pal socha hota.. Why?" My voice was so heavy with grief that it almost choked me. It was unbearably painful to get those words out. I guess she must have noticed that.

"Zain, you cannot expect circumstances to be in our favour everytime.. Kabhi kabhi sochti hun ki kaash zindagi ne mujhe ek aur mauka diya hota. Par jab tumko Zariya ke saath aise khelte huye dekhti hun toh saare gile-shikhwein dur ho jaate hain. Zariya ke bare mein fikr kam hoti hain- tum use ammi aur abbu, dono ki mohabbat dene ki har mumkin koshish karoge, iska yakeen hain mujhe. Bas fikr hain toh bus ek insaan ki.. use kam karne mein meri madad kar sakte ho?"

"Kaun?"

"Mere sabse azeez.. My kitkit"

"He's fine. He's a strong guy." I replied solemnly.
Now how true was that? Whom exactly was I fooling? The one soul who knew me way better than myself? Yeah sure, hero..

" I never doubted that."

"Toh?"

"Tumhe aage badhna chahiye Zain. Zindagi bahaut lambi hain akele guzaarne ke liye. Ek humsafar, humdard ho apni khushiyan aur gham share karne ke liye toh life would be much better."

"Paagal ho puri paagal, pehle doubt tha.. ab toh yakeen hain. Ek baat kaan khol karke sun lo Maamu ki bhaanji.. I've just loved one person in my whole life. Her name is Aliya Zain Abdullah. Woh hi meri humsafar, humdard, meri pehli aur aakhri mohabbat hain. Aainda aisi baat karne ki koshish bhi ki naa, toh hamesha ke liye naraaz ho jaaunga." I shot back.

Way to go Zain Abdullah. You once again snapped at your wife. Who's not even alive anymore. So proud of you.

She chortled.

"Moving on doesn't mean that your love for me wasn't real, what we had wasn't real. Main tumse, aur tum mujhse bepanaah mohabbat karte the, hain aur karte rahenge. Par Zain iska matlab yeh toh bilkul nahi ke tum us gustaakhi ke liye apne aap ko sazaa do jo tumne ki hi nahi. I know how it feels when the one you need the most is not by your side. Main bhi gayi hun us dard se, mat bhulo."

"Toh ab tum vaakai chodke chali jaaogi?"

"Naa. Maine toh bas yeh kaha ki main tumhe khush dekhna chaahti hun. Firse haste-khelte. Yeh saduu Kitkit toh mujhe bhi nahi pasand!
Zain, baat suno. Aaj na Zariya ko, aur na tumko pata chalega ki Zari ko ek ammi ke pyaar ki bahaut zaroorat hain. Main tumhaare saath hu, hamesha ke liye aur yeh bhi jaanti hun ke tum Zari ki har khwaaish puri karne ki jee-jaan se koshish karoge-par yeh sab sirf tumko aur mujhe pata hain-Zariya nahi samajh paayegi. Jab who badi hogi aur kahegi ki use apni ammi se milna hain, what will you tell her then?"

I pondered over her words, and as much as I hate to admit it-she was right..
But then, as they say-the heart has its reasons which reasons don't understand.
I couldn't let her go away so easily. She knew that.

"I hate to see you talking like that to me, par sirf aur sirf Zariya ke khaatir- main sochunga iske bare mein. Waqt chahiye. But tumko ek promise karna hoga- mera agar faisla naa ho , tum mujhe judge nahi karogi, mujhe force nahi karogi aur most importantly- mujhe chod kar nahi jaaogi. Kabhi bhi."

"I trust you more than myself Zain, aur tum yeh jaante ho. I know, whatever decision you'll take.. it'll be for the best. Aur jahaan tak chod kar jaane ki baat hain- agar tumne aage badhne ka decision liya, tab tumhe apne aap ko ek mauka dena hoga- aur uske liye mujhe yeh karna hoga. Par ek vaada zaroor karungi- Main tumhe tab tak chod ke nahi jaaungi jab tak mujhe yakeen nahi ho jaata ki tum mere liye aansun nahi bahaaoge."

"Pakka promise?"

"Pakka promise!"

"Mallika- e-Zain"

"Hmm?"

"I love you. Bahaut zyaada. And I still hate you for leaving 7-7:30 ka time slot empty. Pura routine kharaab kar diya."

She chuckled
"I know.."

Radikx1705 thumbnail

Part III

3 years later...

I stood in front of the mirror in my fawn coloured sherwani. Barkat Villa's air was once again filled with celebration. Here, my emotions were engaged in the same old conflict. Was what I doing today right to Aliya? Was it right to Sanam?
Was it right to me?

"Boo! Zaiiya ish ready!"
(Abbu! Zariya is ready!)

Came in my little angel. And for a moment, all my doubts and inhibitions dissipated - I'd never seen her so gleeful, as if that the spark in her eyes , that huge smile on her face and the pink lehenga on her tiny body were encouraging me to go ahead. Not for myself, but for the one I loved the most.

Mom had introduced me to Sanam a year ago. I was in a dilemma initially- I mean, that's natural, right?. To say that she was an amazing girl would without any doubt be true. Grace, sense of responsibility and maturity - she had everything . Most importantly, Zari loved her immensely, and even she adored her.
But again, Sanam wasn't Aliya.

I was pulled out of my trance by her voice;

"I'm proud of you Zain Usman Abdullah. I'm proud of the fact that I had a chance to be in your life."

I turned around. Yeah, she was here once again. I reminisced what she'd promised me that night in the garden three years ago. This was the last time.

"Darr lag raha hain." I said.

"Mujhe pata hain. Wohi darr kam karne aayi hun. Haunsla rakho- yaad hain naa maamu kya kehte the- ummeed pe toh duniya kayam hain."

"Please mat jaao mujhe chodd kar. Please"
I begged.

You can very well put up your facade Princess. But you know it's not going to work on me. I could see tears well up in her eyes , but being Allah ki laadli, she had to be true to her words.

"Shh. Main kahi nahi jaaungi. Zindagi ke kisi mod par kabhi bhi tumhe ek dost ki zaroorat ho, raat ko aasman mein dekhna. Jo taara sabse zyaada chamkega, bas samajh lena ki woh main hu."

I smiled. No doubts on that.

"Allah se jaakar guzaarish karungi ki is lamhe ke baad jo bhi lamha tumhaari zindagi mein aaye, woh khushiyon se bhara ho. Apna khayaal rakhna Zain, sabka rakhna. I love you. Will always do. Inshallah, agli baar ham jahaan bhi milenge, hamaara saath lamba hoga. Tab tak ke liye, alvida..aur Khuda Hafiz.."

I saw her figure slowly receding into oblivion. This was it, I had to let her know for one last time-

"Oh, Maamu ki bhaanji!"

She turned around..
"Hmm?"

"I love you."

One last eyelock, one last smile. And then my angel went back to where she belonged. It won't be long before I meet you again Princess, and this time, I won't let you go so easily, no matter what. That's a promise..

And that's the end! Hope you guys enjoyed! Please do leave your comment! :D
Until we meet again..

Lotsa love!
Radz :)

Sobtian... thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
nice an emotional work.
I am Aanya. 15 years old.
Radikx1705 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sobtian...

nice an emotional work.
I am Aanya. 15 years old.

Thank you so much Aanya! Nice to meet ya! :)
AnnRosewood thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Hi radhika...welcome to the group of writers :0
I'm Ann..its my penname :0

Is this really your first time..my heart was sinking and then it sank completely with the last line..
It was heartbreakingly beautiful piece..and your flare for writing is really gr8..wish u all the luck..plz update soon,will b waiitng for it !
Radikx1705 thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnnRosewood

Hi radhika...welcome to the group of writers :0

I'm Ann..its my penname :0

Is this really your first time..my heart was sinking and then it sank completely with the last line..
It was heartbreakingly beautiful piece..and your flare for writing is really gr8..wish u all the luck..plz update soon,will b waiitng for it !

Aww! Thank you so much Ann! This coming from a writer as amazing as you is a big deal for me.. I've read your stories, and they're freakin' amazing! Especially the ongoing- "It's just another story"!
Once again, thanks a ton! :)
bloodsheds thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hi! I'm Vini 😊
Female 😆 Just turned 17 😉

It was really a nice piece of work 👏 👏 👏
Continue soon 😳
-Aniisha- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
That was beautifully penned down 👏