Views

Users

Frequent Posters

radev24 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
ll

On 50th anniversary of JFK death, Dallas holds first memorial

DALLAS (Reuters) - Dallas will observe the 50th anniversary of President John F. Kennedy's assassination with its first official memorial on Friday, as the rest of the nation pauses to remember the event that changed history.

At Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia where Kennedy is buried, family members laid a wreath at his grave, where Jackie Kennedy and two of their children also are buried.

At dawn, Attorney General Eric Holder made a gravesite visit to honor Kennedy, bowing his head and placing a Justice Department commemorative coin at the stone. Holder then walked a short path to the grave of Robert F. Kennedy, who had served as attorney general under his brother, bowed his head and left another coin.

In a late morning ceremony in Dallas, Kennedy will be remembered with prayers, a speech by Mayor Mike Rawlings and military jets flying over the city's Dealey Plaza, where Kennedy was shot.

The ceremony starts at 11:30 a.m. (1730 GMT), to coincide with the time that Kennedy's motorcade had passed through packed downtown streets, 50 years ago. Only 5,000 people will be able to view ceremonies in Dealey Plaza but video screens will be set up throughout downtown.

For previous anniversaries, conspiracy theorists who say there was a plot to kill Kennedy have usually taken over Dealey Plaza, denouncing the official line that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone and fired three shots at Kennedy from the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository building.

They have come to Dallas in force this year but will not be part of the official event.

"His death forever changed our city, as well as the world," Rawlings said in a statement ahead of the anniversary. "We want to mark this tragic day by remembering a great president with the sense of dignity and history he deserves."

Dallas was seen as a pariah city for years after the November 22, 1963, assassination, and avoided any commemoration. That stigma started to fade decades ago, and now, The Sixth Floor Museum in the former Texas School Book Depository is one of the city's largest tourists attractions.

"Dallas came under a great deal of international criticism after the assassination. It was called the 'City of Hate,'" said Stephen Fagin, associate curator The Sixth Floor Museum.

Amid the Cold War paranoia and simmering racial tension of the 1960s, a small but influential group of arch-conservatives protested Kennedy's visit to Texas, saying he was soft on communism and should stay away.

In recent days, the city removed a large "X" embedded into the pavement by an unknown person or people that marked the spot on Elm Street where Kennedy was shot in the head.

The "X" had been seen as tasteless by many while the official observance - a small plaque on the plaza's noted "grassy knoll" - had been criticized as inadequate.

Thousands of books, news articles, TV shows, movies and documentaries have been produced about that fateful day in Dallas, and surveys show a majority of Americans still believe in the conspiracy theories, distrusting evidence pointing to Oswald as the sole killer.

Hugh Ayensworth, a reporter in Dealey Plaza 50 years ago who witnessed the assassination and also saw Oswald shot dead by Dallas nightclub owner Jack Ruby, has spent a lifetime investigating the killings and debunking suspected plots.

"We can't accept very comfortably that two nobodies, two nothings - Lee Harvey Oswald and Jack Ruby - were able to change the course of world history," he told Reuters.

Friends, the site is about 15 min drive from where I live here in Dallas TX... 😭😭😭
May Jack's soul rest in peace ...
Edited by radev24 - 10 years ago
radev24 thumbnail
@sarita not seen the epi yet, so dont know kya huya😭 tell me something about the "gift". kuchh bolo.
saritak thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: radev24

@sarita not seen the epi yet, so dont know kya huya😭 tell me something about the "gift". kuchh bolo.

i love this gift prem
goolab thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
prem watch the episode was nice
Mona55 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Mona55 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: radev24

OMG OMG OMG OMG sarita sarita MUAH MUAH 🤗🤗 You won FILMFARE / OSCAR AWARDS "BOTH" for these avis ⭐️

Wow Ek se Ek badh ke every ones creations simply mind blowing
radev24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: goolab

prem watch the episode was nice

I know it was awesome episode, i saw about half a minute and changed the heading for today's epi, bcoz remember there is BG sa re ga re ga ma ga re sa re, so i immediately went into my thread and changed the heading. The reason is, this is the 1st time i have ever watched an epi where they use classical raaga for the BG theme song. And i was completely blown away. Simply brilliant idea! 👏⭐️
So changed the heading, but never got back to watching, one thing after another on this thread, its crazy. Now i decided to watch on telly in exactly 1 hr.
radev24 thumbnail
Friday November 22 EPISODE 66
(some of the pics Credit: avi_ashi)
Guys just got thru watching the epi on telly, didn't get chance online.
Well, I am thunderstruck, shocked, dumbfounded, still, numb, angry and hurt for astha. All her screams, questions, crying, yelling at shlok and wondering for his most sudden and unexpected change in the behavior, went to deaf ears. He couldn't care less and yelled back loudest at astha that it could shatter the glasses, yet no one in the house could hear a thing😲
pathetic shlok, teetering on the brink of a maniacal neurotic mentaly imbalanced person, more like a shaitan, khoonkhwaar vehashi darinda, jaanwar, devoid of soul, full of hatred, hatred and hatred.
However, the good part to me anyway, which is why today's epi is titled in a musical genre, is that I dont recall any serial theme BG song, past or present, being sung only using classical aaroh and avroh, i.e. sa re ga ma pa dha ni sa, like I did right at the start of the serial immediately after shlok enters the most beautifully bedecked SR room ☺️
And the romantic and I have to say very sensuous way in which he first plays around with the ornaments, gazes into astha's eyes, astha feeling shy and pulling in her mehandi wale feet, little afraid, little sahami huyi, little nervous ...
Edited by radev24 - 10 years ago
radev24 thumbnail
⭐️ M-I-N-D-B-L-O-W-I-N-G ⭐️
scarlet.moon
Ashlok

saritak thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: maia22

Wow Ek se Ek badh ke every ones creations simply mind blowing