Nivin Pauly and Hemanth Menon debuts

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago
Could this be their big break?

Actors Nivin Pauly and Hemanth Menon made impressive debuts, but it looks like that elusive good role may have finally come their way

Parvathy S Nayar

BANKING ON VINEETH

Nivin Pauly is a new man. Check out the stills of his next, Thattathin Marayathu, and you'll see him sans his trademark moustache and beard, sporting a clean shave look. The actor, who made his debut in tinseltown with Malarvady Arts Club in 2010, didn't quite have luck on his side when it came to courting good roles. Not anymore.
   Vineeth Sreenivasan, the director who introduced Nivin to M-Town, is set to cast his spell again with his second, Thattathin Marayathu. Says Nivin, "True; nothing really happening came my way after Malarvady, although I didn't go amiss from the industry," says the actor, who was a part of films including director Joshiy's Sevenes and Lal Jose's Spanish Masala.
   The Hindu-Muslim love story set in Malabar promises to be a second coming of sorts for the actor, who says he's been keeping off "sidelined roles" for a while now. "I've great confidence in Vineeth. And I'm sure Thattathin Marayathu will set the clock ticking." There's more. Even as the shoot of Thattathin... was on, Nivin was approached by veteran director Sathyan Anthikkad to play the lead in his next. An excited Nivin says, "That he considered me when he decided to break away from the usual cast in his films itself is an honour."
   At this point, he makes a candid confession. "The shoot is scheduled to start in July. But I'm yet to know the premises of my character! Though, I'm least worried; after all, it's a Sathyan Anthikkad film and he knows best." In his kitty are two more films – director Joe Chalissery's
Bhoopadathil Illatha Oridam, where he plays a plum role alongside actor Sreenivasan, and Chapters, a new-age narrative film, Nivin says, on the lines of Traffic. Besides, his Tamil debut, Neram, is also on the cards.

THE SENSUOUS M-TOWN MALE

Three-film-old Hemanth Menon is set to make a statement in his next in a sensuous avatar. Director Santhosh Sethumadhavan's Chattakkari, the remake of the yesteryear hit by the same name, has him essaying the role played by actor Mohan in the original.
   "The story has been tweaked to suit the current scenario but the thread is pretty much the same," Hemanth informs. And he's thrilled to play the new-age lover boy. "My previous flicks had me playing innocent, straight-forward characters. This time round, I play a flirt," he says, adding, "A quintessential flirt many guys of our times will easily identify with," he chortles.
   Hemanth has also been signed on for Chapters, the shoot of which is currently on. "I hope Chattakkari will give the much-desired break I've been waiting for," he says with fingers crossed.
   [email protected]

NOW'S THE TIME: Hemanth Menon; (above) Nivin Pauly

Posted: 11 years ago
Thanks Chal didi for sharing this news..👏