Sensational South

Sensational South: new South Indian Cinema Section

_Manpreet_ thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

**Sensational South**
-Bringing South Indian Cinema Under One Roof-

Namaskara, Namaskkaram, Namaskaram, Namaste, Sat sri akal, and Vanakkam to our dearest IFians
πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

Eid Mubarak and Happy Ganesh Chaturthi to All!!!

We have a great news for all the enthusiastic fans of South Indian Cinema 😎😎!!! 

During this festive seasion, we are elated to invite you all to our newest section, namely Sensational South, launched right here on India-forums.com for discussion on all South Indian Movies/ Music news under one roof.

So friends, please join Sensational South Section to discuss anything related to south indian movies, reviews, latest articles, music, favorite actors and actresses, and much more!  We are looking forward to seeing many enthusiastic fans joining the new section!

Here is a bit more on each 'wood':
Ps. this is only an incomplete list 😳!  We are extremely sorry if we've missed some of the names!

**Karnattaka Cinema**
-Films from the Indian State of Karnataka in Kannada, Tulu, and Konkani Languages-

Collectively known as Sandlewood, the Karnattaka Cinema Industry encompasses movies in Tulu, Konkani and majorly Kannada.  In 1934, the first Kannada talkie film was released, however, the period between 1970s and the 80s served to be the golden age of Kannada Cinema.  The Sandlewood Industry completed its 75th year in 2009.  Some of the actors who stole the limelight were Puttanna Kanagal, Shankar Nag, Rajkumar, Ravichandran, Devaraj, Jaggesh, Maanu, Suresh Heblikar, Lokanath, Lohithaswa, Sudheer, Shivarajkumar, Bhavya, Mahalaxmi, Sudharani, Thara, Vanitha Vasu, Anjana, Shruthi, Sunil, Ramesh Aravind, Ramkumar, Malashri, Sudeep, Upendra, Darshan, Puneet Rajkumar, Ganesh, Taara, Prema, Bhavana, Puneet Rajkumar, Ambarish, Vishnuvardhan, Anant Nag, Ambareesh, Prabhakar, Lokesh, Ashok, Srinath, MP Shankar, Sunder Krishna, Rama Krishna, Kokila Mohan, Chandrashekar, Lakshmi, Padma Vasanthi, Geetha, Madhavi, Saritha, Jayamala, and many more!

**Malayalam Cinema**
-Films from the Indian State Kerala in Malayalam Language-

Cinema of Kerala or Malayalam cinema (Malluwood) consists of films made in the Indian state of Kerala in Malayalam language. Malluwood is known to make realistic movies.  It all began in 1928 with the movie Vigathakumaran, which marked the beginning of the Malayalam movie.

The Malayalam Film Industry has produced great actors like superstar Mohan Lal, Mamooty, Suresh Gopi, Dileep, and many more. Actress like Asin, Shobana, Meera Jasmin, Nayanthara, and many others emerged from this industry first. 

**Tamil Cinema**
-Films from the Indian State of Tamil Nadu in Tamil Language-

Based at the heart of Kodambakkam District, Chennai, Tamil Film Industry (aka Kollywood) began its journey with the first talkie film, Kalidas, in 1931.  Over the years, the Kollywood Industry has released many popular films, and some of them screened as special presentaiton at various prestigious film festivals across the world.  Today, Tamil films are among the widely distrubuted films all over the world! 

Some of the well known actors who've reigned the industry include, P.U. Chinnappa, M.K. Thyagaraja Bhagavathar, M. G. Ramachandran, Sivaji Ganesan, Gemini Ganesan Rajinikanth, Kamal Hassan, Mohan, Murali, Karthick, Bhagyaraj, Prabhu, Sathyaraj, Vijay, Ajith, Surya, Vikram, Madhavan, Silambarasan, Dhanush, Vishal, Jeyam Ravi, Karthick Sivakumar, and many youngsters!  Some of the actresses include Sarojadevi, Padmini, K.R. Vijaya, Radhika, Sridevi, Gautami, Revathi, Kushboo, Nalini, Nadia, Suhasini, Amala, Radha, Ambika, Bhanupriya, Roja, Meena, Simran, Jyotika, Trisha, Nayanthara, Asin, Tamanna, and many more! 

**Telugu Cinema**
-Films from the Indian State of Andhra Pradesh in Telugu Language-

The Telugu Film Industry of Andhra Pradesh, also known as Tollywood, is located in the state of Andhra Pradesh, which consists of the highest number of cinema halls in India.

Well-known stars of Telugu Cinema have devoted fan followings in the South.  Chittor V. Nagaiah, Nandamuri Taraka Ramarao, Akkineni Nageswara Rao, Bhanumati, S. V. Ranga Rao, Savithri, Jamuna, Krishna, Sobhan Babu, Kanta Rao, Vanisri, MEGASTAR Chiranjeevi, Nandamuri Balakrishna, Akkineni Nagarjuna, Doddi,Venkatesh, Mohan Babu, Jagapati Babu, Pawan Kalyan, Mahesh Babu, Jr.NTR and Prabhas ,Raviteja are very popular and enjoy a significant fan following among the Telugu movie audience.

Once again, we welcome you all to the new section ⭐️⭐️:

Thank you,

-Sensational South Dev. Team-

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Thanks for this thread AishuπŸ‘πŸΌ..i am very excited about the new Cine South forum, its gonna be interesting discussing regional movies😎
isomers thumbnail
finally! thanks for the thread!! (=
shrezzj thumbnail
awesome! thanks for this thread!! πŸ˜ƒ
muffins2waffles thumbnail
Thank you for this thread!
ammoos thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for the details and the thread Aishu😳 Hope more will be interested to discuss there😊
malluangel thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
thank you soooooooooo much!!!
..Naina.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
wowow! much needed sections :) thanks a tonnπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
-Veena- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Haai thanks Emmm Peee!!!
πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—
My mum is going to be so proud of me i am going to catch up on all my Kannada movies!!!!πŸ˜†
destinylove thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
hey thanx a lot  for this thread.I  i know all three languages telugu,tamil and kannada pretty well even though i am teleugu.i am sooooo happy to have this section.thanx.