Natasha’s New Interview

114268 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Balaji's favourite girl NATASSHA will now be seen in Balaji's new release 'Koi Aap Sa'. Keeping her company is Aftab Shivdasani and Dipannita Sharma. After the super-duper success 'Kya Kool Hai Hum', 'Koi Aap Sa' is Balaji's latest offering.

Excerpts from an interview by Vickey Lalwani:

What is 'Koi Aap Sa' all about?
'Koi Aap Sa' is about friends who may not be lovers, but lovers have to be friends. It's an honest film made from the heart, which I believe the youth will relate to.

What's your role precisely?
I play a typical tomboy to the 'T' in the film, which explores relationships between friends in a campus set up.

Why are you doing television?
Please don't start by asking me why I am doing television. Today, there is no demarcation between films and TV. Many film stars, big ones mind you, are doing TV. Plus many TV actors are dabbling in cinema Go on...
It was I who suggested that I should do it. Ekta asked me if I would be able to carry it off. I told her I was sure. I think the serial 'Kkavyanjali' was the turning point in my life. Today when I go out, heads turn and people say, "There goes Anjali."

But doesn't it send out wrong feelers in the film industry?
Not at all. Doing TV does not mean that I have quit films. I am not going to do anything inconsequential and insignificant in films.

How are you adjusting TV and films with respect to dates, as television is not a stickler to timings?
I have allotted 15 days to Balaji, while I have reserved the remaining half of the month for films.

Your name has a double 's' and it's obvious that you are a part of the Balaji's numerology brigade.
My real name is Anita Hasanandani. Shobhaji and Ekta Kapoor felt that it did not have the zing to it. They rechristened me Natassha for the big screen with a double 's' which is numerically correct. It's not that I am into all this. They wanted it and I agreed.

Rewind. How did you get into the entertainment industry?
I wanted to act and make lots of money. I am not from a film background but from a middle-class family in Khar (Mumbai). After schooling in Bai Avabai Petit, I didn't pursue my education, as I was not at all interested in studies. I even did a job in a communications office for a while.

Then?
Then began the r unds of studios and producers. When things began to happen, they all occurred together. There was modeling initially followed by television. I even managed to act in five Telugu films from which 'Nuvvu Mennu' (You and Me) was a hit. Incidentally, Nuvvu Mennu has been remade in Hindi called 'Yeh Dil' by Teja. I starred in it along with Tusshar.

You are said to be Balaji's favourite girl?
That's not fully correct. Ekta didn't cast me in her last film 'Kya Kool Hain Hum'. The point is that Ekta gave me my first break and if she is repeating me in some of her films, it's because she thinks I can act.

How do you maintain your figure?
I work out on the treadmill everyday. There are also a couple of cardio exercises I do daily. Thrice a week I am at the gym.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

31609 thumbnail
Hey! thanx sweetheart!! but it has already been posted b4!!!! 😃
-Zeustina- thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3