IMPORTANT: Forum Signatures is back with VIDEO support

Posted: 4 years ago

HI All,

I am very excited to announce that Forum Signature feature with hyperlink, images and video support will be active soon.

New feature this time is that we are bringing HTML5 MP4 video links also using a new Forum Code ie. [VIDEO]full-url.mp4[/VIDEO]. 

Normally we see MP4 hosted on Giphy that can be used and we encourage users to use Videos instead of heavy GIF as they are faster and takes less download time. Just ensure its a direct URL to the MP4 file. We will soon get a Tutorial on the same. 

In order to make sure that our user experience is great through out we have put certain reasonable restrictions:

• Only one Hyperlink can be added
  • Only one image / video can be added.
  • Forum signature height is restricted to 200px and going beyond that will push the signature inside a scroll.
  • Signature box only allows URL / IMG / VIDEO Forum codes.
  • One can use Emojis like  ðŸ˜€
  • Images needs to be .jpg / .gif / .png
  • Video currently supports .mp4
  • All links should be https only.

Will be posting more update on it soon.

Edited by vijay - 4 years ago

For video please use the direct link to the MP4 not the one which packs IFRAME.

Example:

https://i.giphy.com/media/lMT8YAvEl49sA/giphy.mp4

Edited by vijay - 4 years ago

Hi Vijay sir,

Thanks for getting signatures back. However, I have a request:

Please let us use more images(at least two images or gifs) and less height restriction(at least 600 pixels). I am not liking the scroller 

Edited by priya185 - 4 years ago

Wow that's awesome 

Finally thanks vijay sir 

suddenly making changes in the height limit is a bad idea as members can't use the old signatures. the signature box will look ugly with scroll. btw, it's not just the height which makes an image heavy in size but the overall resolution.  

also, now all sig makers need to change the width and height of their new siggies/gifs.

-----edited----

with these constraints, it looks like that the signature feature was brought back only for those people who add gifs which are by default small in dimensions. allowing one image/video/url makes sense but dimension constraint of 200px is too much. I understand that when you allow only one or two images in signatures, people put multiple images in one pic and add them in the signature.

IMO, the constraint should be on KB, MB allowed for a signature and not the dimension. 

All izz NOT well.

Edited by DamRyeong - 4 years ago

Can someone please tell me how can I use a newspaper clipping / photo as my siggy. I m not aware of the previous method !

Originally posted by DamRyeong

suddenly making changes in the height limit is a bad idea as members can't use the old signatures. the signature box will look ugly with scroll. btw, it's not just the height which makes an image heavy in size but the overall resolution.  

also, now all sig makers need to change the width and height of their new siggies/gifs.

-----edited----

with these constraints, it looks like that the signature feature was brought back only for those people who add gifs which are by default small in dimensions. allowing one image/video/url makes sense but dimension constraint of 200px is too much. I understand that when you allow only one or two images in signatures, people put multiple images in one pic and add them in the signature.

IMO, the constraint should be on KB, MB allowed for a signature and not the dimension. 

All izz NOT well.

Since these images are not uploaded on our servers we cannot check their size / resolution at the moment. May be at a later date we will be able to do that and will be able to restrict users on the size too. 

We didn't want to hold this feature any longer.

Why some things can't be kept just the same? In this also restriction is put. ðŸ˜³

wow this one image rule is much better now...at least we dont have to scroll through some posts where members were using 5 sigs at one time

can someone guide me on how to change my siggy and also is the [img] code still same

Thanks so much Vijay for bringing back signature feature, :)

With updates, there will be changes.

Could you guide on posting multiple Creations by using BB code as it still doesn't seem to work. Posting images one by one is a task.