Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail
Posted: 18 days ago

Originally posted by: moosewithagoose

Can you please add a block user feature which stops any kind of interaction between the two parties, like I won't be able to see the blocked user's posts and nor will they able to see our posts or interact with us anyway. I believe it would make the forum more peaceful, and make mods job easier. Thank you. 

I have the opposite view, even though it was my protest that ended the bullying tactic of Blocking someone and still sending repeated fan fiction FAIL button notifications for attention.

Remember: while logged out, everyone can see what Blocked users post.

People have Blocked me while signing up to Follow my fan fiction or view my private forum, and I want them to have a chance to get to know me.

Likewise, whenever I want to request a fan fiction cover or submit a writing prompt, I should be able to post in those topics, regardless of being Blocked (now Unblocked) by the members who started those topics.

Recently, I clicked Report on several hate speech posts and one death threat. If the miscreants could prevent me from Reporting them by Blocking me, the forum would be even less safe than it is now.

Fantasyera thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

A suggestion for the teams feature might be to have an OTHER at the end of the list if the option to write the character. That way if someone wants to be a character fan or cameo fan that is not Main lead or parallel character then they can write it become the team member of the 'other'. And only have teams for Main leads and Parallel characters and jodis. 

D3viL thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: BrhannadaArmour

I have the opposite view, even though it was my protest that ended the bullying tactic of Blocking someone and still sending repeated fan fiction FAIL button notifications for attention.

Remember: while logged out, everyone can see what Blocked users post.

People have Blocked me while signing up to Follow my fan fiction or view my private forum, and I want them to have a chance to get to know me.

Likewise, whenever I want to request a fan fiction cover or submit a writing prompt, I should be able to post in those topics, regardless of being Blocked (now Unblocked) by the members who started those topics.

Recently, I clicked Report on several hate speech posts and one death threat. If the miscreants could prevent me from Reporting them by Blocking me, the forum would be even less safe than it is now.

Every social media site has a block function, FB, X, ect. It's for your own safety and peace of mind. Our accounts  should be ours.  We can see whom we want, interact with whom we want and feel safe in doing so. It's a real problem around here

If you are contiunously being blocked, then there is something about your behaviour/approach that you need to evaluate. (Not you but said blocked person)

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Can you please add a block user feature which stops any kind of interaction between the two parties, like I won't be able to see the blocked user's posts and nor will they able to see our posts or interact with us anyway. I believe it would make the forum more peaceful, and make mods job easier. Thank you. 

Absolutely second this!  Something like what we have on X.  That way, stalkers who go after every post of their enemies can be blocked: they can neither see, nor respond to them

DobbyDeol thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Another suggestion I have: to enable members to create a poll within an existing running thread, as opposed to creating a new poll thread

Eg in this thread, if someone wanted to find out how many people support a BLOCK feature and how many don't, and other, they can create the poll in a reply like this within this thread itself and get the attention of all the thread participants, rather than having to create a separate thread which may or may not get the same level of attention from participants

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail

How would this TEAM feature work for a private forum? Would the Creator/Manager be able to Configure the forum to name the teams, delete obsolete teams, kick a member off a team, send new topic notifications to selected teams only ... ?

Or, would the Creator/Manager be stuck waiting for the DT to generate teams and praying that they don't misspell names?

If I decided that my private forum's team names are as follows (until I change my mind tomorrow):

1. Khyātimantaḥ Sāṃkhyāḥ
  2. Viśiṣṭā Vaiśeṣikāḥ
  3. Nītimanto Naiyāyikāḥ
  4. Yugaṃdharā Yoginaḥ
  5. Mānadā Mīmāṃsakāḥ
  6. Vidvāṃso Vedāntinaḥ

Who would determine that they don't have obscene double meanings like Team Helping Hands?

Ria23 thumbnail

I am excited for this feature.

i have a question. I know we can change the team in 24 hours.
but If i join a change and later no longer want to associate myself to any team. Would that be possible?

And is team option be also available in private forums?

Edited by Ria23 - 18 days ago
GumnaamHaiKoii thumbnail

+1 

GumnaamHaiKoii thumbnail

Can Mods conduct Polls in respective forums to select Team names ? Or maybe allow members to use custom tags?

Plain “Team XYZ” name seems boring , there should be some added flair that is associated with the character smiley36 . These plain name tags aren’t fun at all.

If we are copying /r , atleast do it in fun ways. 

Also what about private forums? They should definitely have an option to create custom team tags.