Indian Idol 14 - Performance Discussion (24&25 Feb'24)

altgr thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

Discuss here... 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

owaistabish1989 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I felt Ananya kind of destroyed Rangeela Re. The original is so so much better

Tambussam12345 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 2

Elimination based on judges score. So judges choose top 6. Voting lines start after Sundayโ€™s performances 

Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Honestly I refrained from writing about Feb 17-18 episodes.  Didnโ€™t cared at all. 

Last wknd along with previous II winners was more of a shouting match. Salman Ali, Danish, Shubhodeep, Vaibhav though he usually sings Sukhi paaji songs so that is ok. 

Piyush, Obom, Ananya are with so much soothing voice (Karnapriya). Poor Arunita also had to shout due to being paired up with Anjana. 

Today best were Piyush was the best ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜  So versatile & grounded dude.  Loved his Tapori acting skit with Urmila, 

2nd best. Anjanaโ€™s first song was ok but ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ with song โ€œMastโ€ enjoyed it very much

Ananya didnโ€™t do justice to Rangeela songs. 

Shubhodeep butchered the song by overly dramatizing it by dragging & than his usual sargam etc. ๐Ÿ™„

Hai Rama is a very sexy seductive song & not a Rotal song. 
he is too much showing off. Pls stay grounded & sing regular what song requires. I think tag โ€œUstadโ€ has gotten to his big head. ๐Ÿ™

I liked Vaibhav & Obom but I knew Obom had to go home. Which is fine as he is not the best of the lot.  It wa a toss up between Obom & Adya.

Adya was really ok. Nothing to write home about. 

Now I am really rooting for Piyush Panwar all the way ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Edited by Dabulls23 - 3 months ago
Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

It was refreshing to see Urmila in today's episode and hearing some different songs from the usual list of songs.

Adya - she did fine nothing too extraordinary

Piyush - he did awesome! The first song was good but then he got into it with the second song. The tapori skit was funny toosmiley37 not cringy as it could've been

Ananya - I thought she did amazing with Tanha Tanha but Rangeela Re was a bit all over the place but she picked up in the second half of the song, the Ladki Ki Kaati was a nice twist to the song though. She's my front runner so only rooting for her.

Vaibhav - dude is a great performer he did his usual and was good

Shubodeep - he is always SO extra smiley29 like truly ruins the entire essence of the songs. Almost looks like he's showing off, he may be technically a great singer but his extraness always is off-putting to me, it was fine in the beginning but now with every performance, it's just tiring

Anjana - the first song was fine but in the second song she did well! Much like Vaibhav, she's an all-out performer, it's fun to watch her perform. I wish that she had been as versatile as she was when she was a kid

Obom - his usual self nothing too great but he has a nice voice

Chaitali_k thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Did not really enjoy this episode as much as i expected to..

Adya and Obom were okay. Adya seemed to put in a bit more effort into her singing, but somehow that effort was prominent, the singing was not..

Obom seemed to have given up already, there was no energy in his singing as if he knew what was coming..

Piyush sang beautifully as usual. Although that pizzaz, that extra something of Kumar Sanu's rendering was missing, but he was good nevertheless.

Ananya disappointed. She is a good singer but has comparatively a limited range and her singing lacks the verve and personality required especially for Asha Bhonsle songs. Her second song was good though.

Subhodeep was excellent. It is especially difficult for a male singer to sing and do justice to a female rendition specially a seductive song like haye rama.. Subho did it brilliantly. But it was odd why he was given only one song and that too he got to sing only one stanza and the rest felt like killing time with the sargams.. 

Vaibhav is one singer whom i have been expecting the most lately.. he surprises in each episode. Considering that, yesterday was a bit disappointing for me. But he was entertaining as usual. Looking forward to his today's performance..it seems promising.

Anjana was great! It is quite a job to do justice to Sunidhi Chauhan songs, sometimes even more than Shreya's... in my opinion. But she did a good job. For me, she is a deserving contender for the winner title along with Subho and Piyush.

Another thing I wanted to note is many people don't  seem to know or appreciate the fact that whereas the makers decide on the songs and duration granted to the singers, the singers do not wholly get to decide the variations, additions, alterations done to their songs. The mentors of the show do. 

PS  Although I too have felt Obom should have been eliminated much earlier, still, the way he was outsted today felt a bit ..abrupt... no acknowledgement, farewell.. like earlier. All contestants I think deserve this much.

Edited by Chaitali_k - 3 months ago
owaistabish1989 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Any other guests aside from Sonu Nigam for grand finale?

ksr28 thumbnail

Summarizing both Saturday and Sunday's episodes here: Urmila Matondkar + Maa Special:

Adya: Both performances were okay. Honestly, she's been pretty smart about her song choices, because I think it's masked many flaws. 

Obom: Just Saturday's performance, since he was eliminated -- it was okay. He finally got eliminated ... but the announcement of the finalists overshadowed a contestant farewell, which could've been handled better. 

Vaibhav: Was good in both performances. You could just feel the emotion from him in Chunar and it was well executed. Sapne mein milti hai was also enjoyable; he handled the contrast between his songs on Saturday very well. 

Anjana: pretty good! Liked her Saturday performances a bit more than Sunday personally. In current form, she's definitely a deserved finalist. 

Ananya: Was a bit disappointed with her performances on Saturday. Both are tough songs from Rangeela to even touch Asha ji's versions; I couldn't help but compare her performance to Deboshmita's in S13, which I thought was much better. Sunday performance was good as usual, not especially spectacular though. 

Subhadeep: very good performances on both days. Yes, Hai Rama was a bit over the top, but still a good rendition capturing Hariharan and Swarnalatha's parts well. It reminded me of the Kapil Sharma show interview of Sonu Nigam and Hariharan -- the experimental nature is befitting for a Hariharan song. As for Sunday, both performances were good. I'm glad he finally got a song without sargams in Surmai Ankhiyon Mein, and Aaj Ibaadat was great as expected (although, it felt like I was expecting a bit more, given I've heard his previous performances of it on Youtube).

Piyush: fantastic on both days. As Shreya said, I'm impressed by his ability to keep his composure when his mother entered mid-song (Luka Chuppi, nonetheless), and complete it fully in a professional manner. Is Pyaar Se Meri Taraf is a great song by Sanu da, and my only knock on Piyush's performance was it felt like the weight (for lack of a better term) of Sanu da's voice was missing. First song was also solid; definitely deserved to be deemed the best performance on Saturday. 

I would be happy if the order in which they announced the finalists (Piyush, Subhadeep, Ananya, Anjana, Vaibhav, Adya) is the actual ordering (honestly, with any ordering of the first three being fine with me), but who knows what voting will yield. Any scenario in which Adya is not 6th (last among finalists) would be the final nail in the coffin. 

Chaitali_k thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: owaistabish1989

Any other guests aside from Sonu Nigam for grand finale?

As of now Sony has only released two promos both featuring him as the finale guest.. 

Andakadipatta thumbnail

Who are the top 5 contestants?