Indian Idol 14 - Performance Discussion (6&7 Jan'24)

altgr thumbnail
Posted: 4 months ago

Discuss here... 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

reborn-re thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Thanks Altgr but yaar what is happening I read the written update of performances and Shubhadeep blankout and something happened with Menuka as we all seen in the promo. I mean did this people really got nervoush thinking that there might be double elimination. I don’t know if they are gonna do elimination this time also and if they do Shubhadeep and Menuka might come in bottom. 

reborn-re thumbnail

Ananya ko trophy do already I mean how does she do it every time. I am  gonna be mad if Ananya doesn’t made to the final and win it and it will be really injustice. Also I hope along with her Piyush, Utkarsh and Menuka make their place in final. My favorite performance was Ananya’s without a doubt and rest were good too beside Shubhadeep he blacked out a bit other wise he was good too. 

Edited by reborn-re - 4 months ago
IbuHatela thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Saturday's episode was pretty good I thought. Other than a few issues, there was a lot to like.

I liked Mahima's performance. I wanted to like it more, but something felt off and I don't know why.

I never liked Dhola Re Dhola, but the way the boys butchered it was legendary. 

Anjana 's performance was...good? She'll never be my favorite, but when she's not SMPing all over the stage, she's tolerable at least. 

Obom tried hard but Kiya Yehi Pyar hai is not suited for his voice. The stuff after was sweet, but he needs to expand his horizons.

Adya cries so much, my god.

Vaibhav was fun as usual. My family loves him.

That Agneepath dialogue still goes hard.

Shreya was a bit extra at various points in this episode, but that's fine. I'll take her over any female judges on any recent singing shows, sans Alka Yagnik, any day. 

Subhodeep's first song was great and is one of my favorites. Udit ji's performance in the original is unforgettable but Subhodeep did good too, The antics during the Khalnayak performance was a reminder that the producer's of this show are still the same, since they do this every single year. 

"Sanju se sikhna. Sanju ban na nahi."

Ananya has to be a frontrunner to win right? She's excellent every single week.

Sanjay Dutt was a very good guest. He was active, invested, told good stories and everyone seemed to love him. I know he's a controversial figure for good reasons, but I'm also a believer in second chances so I'm happy for him.

Boman Irani is the best.

I am excited for Sunday's episode because both Sunil Dutt and Nargis ji are legends who deserve to be honored, and their son being there for it is perfect. I want to hear more stories from Sunjay Dutt about his parents, and to hear Piyush and Menuka's performances. 

Edited by IbuHatela - 4 months ago
Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

My review for the Sanjay Dutt episode.

Mahima - tumhe Apna banane Ki kasam - sounded a little lullaby-ish. Didn’t enjoy it very much.

Anjana - tamma tamma and aa dekhen zara - yesterday it was very evident that she can sing normally, the unique rockstar-ish singing is something she’s made to do. You could literally hear two versions of her. Her first performance wasn’t great but she was really good in aa dekhen zara.

Obom - Kya yehi pyaar hai - bad. His pacing was off, it just sounded boring. 

Vaibhav - Tharki chhokro - perfect song for him. He entertained just like expected from him. Singing wise he wasn’t bad either.

Shubhodeep - aakhir tumhe aana hai and nayak nahin khalnayak. He sang the first song very well and surprised me when he started the second. Two very different songs and he did then justice, until he forgot the lyrics. After that I think his confidence was shaken and it showed in his voice.

Ananya - aisa zamana and tu shayar hai - I haven’t heard the first song, but she was so good. Some of her Harkats were praiseworthy. Tu shayar hai was fantastic too. Needless to say, she was clearly the best today.

I do hope Shubhojit forgetting lyrics doesn’t impact him. He deserves to stay longer.

anoushka_113 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Sat Jan 6th

Mahima was just average.( Tumhe apna banane ki transported me to another time - the PD Sayisha duet😊👌)

Anjana was good esp in Aa Dekhen Zara

Obom didn’t click at all..  Even though I was prepared to lower my yardstick for  Kya yahi pyaar hai, which is set by Aru -PD, still it fell far far below that - a very flat rendition. 

Vaibhav was v good  in the PK song.  👍

Shubhdeep - started off fine in the first, the second was mired in the drama

Ananya - superb rendition of Aisa samaa. She is poised to win. 👍

Overall I found the episode dull.  Though not a Sanjay Dutt fan, he has some great songs in his movies  & was waiting for some rocking performances.  But except Vaibhav & Ananya, it was overall just okayish.

Asides ….

Reg forgetting the  lyrics :- I had recently attended the shoot of the regional SRGMP here & was surprised at the amount of takes given to each participant.  So, one can just imagine how it works in an A level show like Idol.  Even if he has forgotten, airing it with all the hoopla is just to up the drama quotient. 🙄. Today, it’s gonna be Menuka’s turn I think. 🙄

Much screen space was devoted to Obom - his Daddy song, which was performed in full already, and then dad’s appearance etc.  Obom had already nudged me to sleep with Kya Yahi.. & I struggled to sit through all that till all the tears were shed & wiped. 

Lastly… shubhdeep says Sanju baba is his inspiration. Before I could digest that, Sanju came  up with this pearl - “ sanju se seekh lo, sanju mat ban”. 👍

Edited by anoushka_113 - 4 months ago
owaistabish1989 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I liked Vaibhavs performance too. 

Did they do a precap after todays episode for next weeks guests? 

reborn-re thumbnail

So Mahima got eliminated that’s sad and Adya is still there .  I thought she would at least make into top6-7 from her overall journey but Kya Kare logo ko talent ko kadar nahi hai. I  am sorry if people feel bad over here but Adya really needs to go. Today Mahima and next would be who Muskaan, Ananya, Piyush, Utkarsh? It will be really injustice if these people go before her and she is still in the show. I so wish yeh voting sirf final or liye hota. Not in a mood to review todays episode because of the elimination. 

Edited by reborn-re - 4 months ago
reborn-re thumbnail

Originally posted by: anoushka_113

Sat Jan 6th

Mahima was just average.( Tumhe apna banane ki transported me to another time - the PD Sayisha duet😊👌)

Anjana was good esp in Aa Dekhen Zara

Obom didn’t click at all..  Even though I was prepared to lower my yardstick for  Kya yahi pyaar hai, which is set by Aru -PD, still it fell far far below that - a very flat rendition. 

Vaibhav was v good  in the PK song.  👍

Shubhdeep - started off fine in the first, the second was mired in the drama

Ananya - superb rendition of Aisa samaa. She is poised to win. 👍

Overall I found the episode dull.  Though not a Sanjay Dutt fan, he has some great songs in his movies  & was waiting for some rocking performances.  But except Vaibhav & Ananya, it was overall just okayish.

Asides ….

Reg forgetting the  lyrics :- I had recently attended the shoot of the regional SRGMP here & was surprised at the amount of takes given to each participant.  So, one can just imagine how it works in an A level show like Idol.  Even if he has forgotten, airing it with all the hoopla is just to up the drama quotient. 🙄. Today, it’s gonna be Menuka’s turn I think. 🙄

Much screen space was devoted to Obom - his Daddy song, which was performed in full already, and then dad’s appearance etc.  Obom had already nudged me to sleep with Kya Yahi.. & I struggled to sit through all that till all the tears were shed & wiped. 

Lastly… shubhdeep says Sanju baba is his inspiration. Before I could digest that, Sanju came  up with this pearl - “ sanju se seekh lo, sanju mat ban”. 👍

Hello dost welcome back, was really waiting for your review so good to read them. I hope you don’t go gayeb again and hosake toh aaj ka episode ka bhi review dena. About Mahima song it reminded me Sayisha and Pawandeep duet and agree with you about Mahima but I still think she didn’t deserved to go this early. 

Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Million $ Q. Why are they slowing down the tempo on songs which should be sung at a regular tempo? It kills the song. Happy song sound like a sad song. Why why why 😳😳🙄 Deepanshu ‘s first 2 songs were sounding sad. Thank god for the 3rd song 😍👏👏 same with Menuka’s 2 nd song when she sang first time tempo was fine but when she sang it 2nd time tempo was slow 🙄

I enjoyed Sunday show more than saturdays. Vaibhav & Ananya were the best of Saturday. 

Sunday best Piyush & Utkarsh. Menuka I don’t know what happened but it was sad & disappointing. 

Shubho deep forgetting lyrics is simply TRP drama-nautanki by channel & the show. 👎👎

piyush, Utkarsh & Ananya are most versatile IMHO. MENUKa is such a great singer. She was in my top 4 

Edited by Dabulls23 - 4 months ago