Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Thriller Titans

Posted: 20 days ago

Originally posted by: Sutapasima

Madhu my request to you is , to add one team for “Book Worms” since this forum is for book readers , it’s justified .. Right ! 

everyone will choose it smiley36

Book goblin sounds fun tho!

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Thriller Titans

Posted: 18 days ago

Mumma, HEA is Happily ever after? What's HNF? 

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Romance Renegades

Originally posted by: Satrangi_Curls

Mumma, HEA is Happily ever after? What's HNF? 

Happy For Now smiley36 Yeah apparently that’s a thing - I didn’t know of it until quite recently- found out from my FB group smiley36

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Thriller Titans

Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

Happy For Now smiley36 Yeah apparently that’s a thing - I didn’t know of it until quite recently- found out from my FB group smiley36

Put the full forms there as wellsmiley36

Happy for now means sad later or an open ending? smiley36

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Romance Renegades

Originally posted by: Satrangi_Curls

Put the full forms there as wellsmiley36

Happy for now means sad later or an open ending? smiley36

I don’t think it’s as dark as all that. It’s just a bit more open-ended than a firm HEA. Like they just start to date as opposed to being married or they agree to rekindle their relationship but there is a bit of an open-ending on how long it will last, or perhaps it’s a series and there’s still more of the story to come. Like an HEA absolutely seals the deal. HFN may leave some gaps especially when there’s no epilogue ( that’s the way I understand it at least)

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Thriller Titans

I don’t think it’s as dark as all that. It’s just a bit more open-ended than a firm HEA. Like they just start to date as opposed to being married or they agree to rekindle their relationship but there is a bit of an open-ending on how long it will last, or perhaps it’s a series and there’s still more of the story to come. Like an HEA absolutely seals the deal. HFN may leave some gaps especially when there’s no epilogue ( that’s the way I understand it at least)

Ah, makes sense. I love books that leave on such cliffhanger endings! I'mma do it for mine smiley42 leave the readers with more questions than answers smiley16

foreverlazy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Prize Winner (2022) 0 Thumbnail + 9

Romance Renegades

Ooo, that's so interesting! This is actually the first time I'm hearing of it as well and my initial understanding of it was more along the lines of a couple being in love but having to split up for some reason, but it's not considered a "happy never after" (is that what that's called??) because the couple is part of series.

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Romance Renegades

Originally posted by: foreverlazy

Ooo, that's so interesting! This is actually the first time I'm hearing of it as well and my initial understanding of it was more along the lines of a couple being in love but having to split up for some reason, but it's not considered a "happy never after" (is that what that's called??) because the couple is part of series.

Yeah, I haven't read too many books that I can bring myself to qualify as HFN as opposed to HEA especially since I don't like reading Romance series that revolve around the same couple, I prefer one and done and series where they move on to the next couple/ next story.

That being said, I did read one in which the FMC has a genetic disorder and thinks she's going to die, and starts developing symptoms which makes her think her end is near, and the MMC wants her to get treatment and she refuses because she knows the condition is terminal and she just wants to be left in peace. They split (hooray 3 rd act break up!) and then it's revealed those symptoms were actually something else. In the meantime, the MMC has also come around and realized he cannot enforce his diktats on her so they get together but they do know that this thing can come around at any time, they just learn to live a fulfilled life and not think about it. That would be something I could call HFN.

DreamOfEndless thumbnail

Thriller Titans

Posted: 17 days ago

Originally posted by: foreverlazy

It's a middle-grade book if you're into that, but I thought the plot and main friendship dynamic were pretty fleshed out considering that it's a standalone, 150-page-ish book and also the content probably reads very young but then again I read a lot of children's fiction for work.

I read all kinds of books, children, non-children, fiction, non-fiction, so that’ll not be a problem smiley36

But apart from being amusing, that quote has so much depth, I did not expect it to be from a children’s book.

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Thriller Titans

Posted: 17 days ago

Originally posted by: DreamOfEndless

I read all kinds of books, children, non-children, fiction, non-fiction, so that’ll not be a problem smiley36

But apart from being amusing, that quote has so much depth, I did not expect it to be from a children’s book.

A lot of children's books and movies/shows have some really deep meaning lines! The Chronicles of Narnia is one such work! smiley42