Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pete15rogmourey thumbnail
Posted: 16 days ago

Oh so this is like the flair feature in /r? Cool , when will Vanshaj and Srimad Ramayan forums get this feature?

Viswasruti thumbnail
Posted: 15 days ago

Originally posted by: Pete15rogmourey

Oh so this is like the flair feature in /r? Cool , when will Vanshaj and Srimad Ramayan forums get this feature?

You are a Viewbie in that forum, so you have to add the team names in that forum. 

Please click on Edit and then scroll down and add the Jodi names and select colours and then press SUBMIT. 

In the same manner, in the  Ramayan Forum also, DT members have to add the team names. 

Pete15rogmourey thumbnail

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

You are a Viewbie in that forum, so you have to add the team names in that forum. 

Please click on Edit and then scroll down and add the Jodi names and select colours and then press SUBMIT. 

In the same manner, in the  Ramayan Forum also, DT members have to add the team names. 

Really? I thought that Viewbies didn't have the power to do it....ok I'll try doing it then

Edited by Pete15rogmourey - 15 days ago
BrhannadaArmour thumbnail

Originally posted by: BrhannadaArmour

How would this TEAM feature work for a private forum? Would the Creator/Manager be able to Configure the forum to name the teams, delete obsolete teams, kick a member off a team, send new topic notifications to selected teams only ... ?

Or, would the Creator/Manager be stuck waiting for the DT to generate teams and praying that they don't misspell names?

If I decided that my private forum's team names are as follows (until I change my mind tomorrow):

1. Khyātimantaḥ Sāṃkhyāḥ
  2. Viśiṣṭā Vaiśeṣikāḥ
  3. Nītimanto Naiyāyikāḥ
  4. Yugaṃdharā Yoginaḥ
  5. Mānadā Mīmāṃsakāḥ
  6. Vidvāṃso Vedāntinaḥ

Who would determine that they don't have obscene double meanings like Team Helping Hands?

Answering some of my own questions: I have added the above team names to the Saṃskṛta Text Discussion private forum through the top-right cog wheel, Configure.

Now the cog wheel includes Team, which is redundant with the orange TEAM button.

There is an option to delete each team, but I don't know how that affects the team members. Will they get notifications that their TEAM is defunct?

Can someone answer the remaining questions (highlighted in the quote)?

Sneha.Narayanan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 14 days ago

This is regarding Yeh rishta forum. Can we please have a light colour for Team Sharma, preferably a white or baby pink colour. The current colour is a bit too dark and straining to eyes. Thanks 🤍

vijay thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pete15rogmourey

Teams is little different from Flair. 

BTW Flair is per topic and that is something we are already on and hopefully we would have it by this weekend.

vijay thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vr15h

Another suggestion I have: to enable members to create a poll within an existing running thread, as opposed to creating a new poll thread

Eg in this thread, if someone wanted to find out how many people support a BLOCK feature and how many don't, and other, they can create the poll in a reply like this within this thread itself and get the attention of all the thread participants, rather than having to create a separate thread which may or may not get the same level of attention from participants

Well it would not get the visibility that it should. Let's say you are allowed to create a Poll and it is on the 54th page, I don't think many would notice it.

But yes we can have a way where user can promote their poll and we show it as a poll how we have Social Media embeds and Link embeds. 

vijay thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vr15h

Absolutely second this!  Something like what we have on X.  That way, stalkers who go after every post of their enemies can be blocked: they can neither see, nor respond to them

X is user feed based so everything is based on the user's interest and thus it can block. Generally I have not seen any forum allowing this feature.

However if someone is blocked they can't PM / Tag / Quote the user.

Red_eyes94 thumbnail

Vijay bhai another fab feature congrats 

wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Ok I will try it out seems Interesting